OK I am a little sister. I have never had the chance to be a big sister.

Well I just had a first moment of being an older sister.

Tj's little sister had her hair cut, and she's got bangs. Well I go down there to find her using my hair stuff to do her bangs. It bugged me because I asked her why she was using it and she was like "Nikki told me to use this." Nikki is her older step sister who doesn't live here. Well It bugged the hell out of me because she never even asked if it was mine!!! Mary knows I am the only female in the house besides her mom and her mom doesn't use this stuff.

Why does this bother me???

Cause she didn't ask if she could use your stuff. That drives me nuts all the time. I'm an only child. But I've had people use my stuff all the time without asking. I just tell them that it would have been nice if they had asked to use it. After that most people tend to ask first before using something.

They're your items that you purchased with your money and no one bothered to ask your permission to use the items. That sort of thing bugs me to no end. And especially when someone outside of the household gave the "okay" for her to do that. Nikki had no right to tell TJ's sister she could use those items.

Perhaps, though, you could help smooth things over. Of course, explain that the items are yours, not TJ's Mom's but the two of you could work something out with the usage of the items. Since this is a new hairstyle for her, maybe you could let her (gingerly and light usage) experiment with your products and see if she finds something she likes. Then she can get it for herself.

See the bigt thing is I have tried and tried to get the point through that she needs to ask. No matter what, she never does it. I try to be nice and let her use my stuff, but it drives me insane that she can't take two seconds to ask me. I was up the other morning when she did this. So it's not like I wasn't even around.

Hehe sorry I forgot to put in the part were she has done this before.

Yea, I used to leave things in the bathroom but then I stopped once someone got into my bleach developer and spilled it on the shelf!!! So after that I tried to take everything with me. Well I left some things in the bathroom lately and now I have to go back to everything back in my room again. BLah! lol

I'm thinking about going out and getting her a small cheap bottle of her own. Maybe then she'll keep her mitts of mine.

since she is so young i really think it could be a lot more about her looking up to you and wanting to use the *cool* things you use or do the things you do more so than being rude and stealing from you. though i don't know the kid and she might just be mean. :p

i think it would be cool if you would get her a mini gift basket of some of the things you use. a little hair stuff, some lotions, maybe even lipglosses or whatever. she will feel special and she will then leave your stuff alone. ;)

yeah, that is definately not something she should be teaching her. "oh you want something just use/take someone else's."

in that regard i think the real issue is with nikki more so than the little sister. she is kinda young still and kids that age tend to think i want, i get. ;) and with someone encouraging them to DO just that, it makes her think it is ok.

She'll only be 10?? Oh man - the worst is yet to come unless you tell her how it is. The little gift basket idea would really work ( I had a 12 year old neice living with me for a while and I have a 5 year old little sister) and fill it with cheap make up and lip gloss. Most of the time they take things because they look up to you and using your things is a way that they would like to be closer to you and share your experiences. Which is ok and sometimes its cute... like when you walk in and their trying to wear your shoes or something like that... But you draw the line when they constantly go into your room to sift around and find things and just keep them. Errr :doh that I hate...

The step sister should have never told her that it was ok since it was not her stuff - thats a different issue and I would have asked her how she would feel if you went into her room and started using all her stuff w/o her permission - she's old enough to understand that.

Archived