Stuck Away From Home Projects

WhiteLines

6 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I'll think about it.

When you're as old as I am, you become familiar with seeing all those external construction grade extension cords strewed about the worksite...hard habit to break...🤣

Uhh yeah, i know exactly how that feels. Before Home Depot's and Emails, or Lithium Ion Battery Powered Cordless Table Saws, or 3-D Printed 2x4's  AI controlled drones programmed to countersink/pre-drill holes into all your cabinetry/millwork 

18 hours ago, WhiteLines said:

Electrical octopus

IMG_20220411_010115090_HDR.jpg

~~~~~

I was zooming through emails and saw this image and thought black snakes were crawling out of a crate (too much Nat Geo).  Then I saw "Electrical octopus" and knew exactly what I was looking at.

gallery_4589_1202_145.jpg

Thats hilarious, me and a guy i was working with out in Seattle 8 years ago coined that term for the mess of charger cables and wires all over the console in our rental car. Good to know it that folks from all over can universally understand it lol.

Okay yeah aside from the work itself my other grand away from home project is regularly venturing out on foot and finding the most challenging terrains/quickest ways from point a to point b, or sometimes just challenging terrain for the hell of it. So heres some photos of that too...

Nowhere near what it normally looks like at the end of night one buuut, it is a TSC store thats 4 times the size of any other, the boss was sleep deprived, and i was trying to train two ol drug heads who are older than me even and I've gotten pretty freakin old over the years. Plus the dopey greenhorns also think that they are experts at stuff they've never seen or done before sooo that just makes it such an efficient process lol. Well oiled machine out the window y'all...

Oh yeah, if im not working, doing something, doing anything... then i get bored and annoyed so if ever anyones got a picture they are keen on that they'd like to have me weird it out like what i do to half my photos then let me know. Im more than happy to freely edit photos for people and its great to work on edits where im not my own subject matter, that gets old AF so if somebody wants a picture reworked then holla at ya boi ya know.

2 hours ago, TronRP said:

Blast those cumbersome lady parts...*shakes fist*

:rofl:

I handle her very gently and lovingly lol, the last dumbass that tried to roughneck raw dawg her ended up breaking off all her fingers except for the middle one on one hand. The Carhartt Rep thought that was real funny, we got the fingers on ice and the doctor patched her back up but her hands were never quite the same as before.

Had a bad ass after work afternoon adventure on accident just like so many of the best ones are. Checking out a big ass architecturally weird mall to search for some shoes i was interested in and instead i stumbled randomly upon an 1870's era covered bridge spanning over a trickling ice cold crystal clear stream. Built in 1873, It's the shortest covered bridge still operating today and was also a very rare example of one that used king post truss construction. I took a lotta pics, fractured phone screen in one of my MacGuyver makeshift camera mount/tripod setups lol. I will get some pics reviewed and post up on here later y'all. 

Today going to Walmart i discovered the other side of that stream that ran underneath the covered bridge from yesterday. This is the final job before we return home which most of us will be walking into near guaranteed absolute chaos and hellfire so it's been fast paced scrambling rambling insanity all hours of the night and day. Anywho, i got a few pics comin up now before werk.

Okay i deleted a bunch of posts, reckon  I aughta be able to upload junk now. Is this a sign that I've got a photographry problem, do i need an intervention? Rheyorical question 

6 hours ago, WhiteLines said:

Okay i deleted a bunch of posts, reckon  I aughta be able to upload junk now. Is this a sign that I've got a photographry problem, do i need an intervention? Rheyorical question 

~~~~~

It might not be a rhetorical question if you are saying you had to delete posts from DGN.

The question is are you actually uploading images to albums in your profile or if you are saving them to the site as attachments?

Each member has a limited number of attachments they can make, however, you can upload numerous images to your account.

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

It might not be a rhetorical question if you are saying you had to delete posts from DGN.

The question is are you actually uploading images to albums in your profile or if you are saving them to the site as attachments?

Each member has a limited number of attachments they can make, however, you can upload numerous images to your account.

Altho i am the company's I.T. department, head of internet search queries, and tech support assistance hotline, im not as internet savvy as people suggest I am, i have no idea what I've been doing. We're out on the highway livin' that fast life of course so it all becomes a blur at some point eventually. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteLines said:

Altho i am the company's I.T. department, head of internet search queries, and tech support assistance hotline, im not as internet savvy as people suggest I am, i have no idea what I've been doing. We're out on the highway livin' that fast life of course so it all becomes a blur at some point eventually. 

~~~~~

Since you are on your phone, you would have to scroll down to where you see "Activity" and click it.

A pull down menu will appear.

Click "Albums".

Scroll to the album where you want to upload your images and click it.

Scroll down and click the "Add Image" button.

On the "Add Images" screen, click the plus sign.

Select images from your phone to upload.

After the image loads, click "Submit all images".

The uploaded image should appear in your Albums.  You can select images from there to add into your posts.

12 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Since you are on your phone, you would have to scroll down to where you see "Activity" and click it.

Click "Albums".

The uploaded image should appear in your Albums.  You can select images from there to add into your posts.

Aaaaha. Why thank you very much indeed this has been most helpful i do say 😊👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 11:20 PM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Click "Albums".

Okay i follow all that but the part of selecting an image from the albums to use in a post, thats the step where i seem to get lost lol 

1 hour ago, WhiteLines said:

Okay i follow all that but the part of selecting an image from the albums to use in a post, thats the step where i seem to get lost lol 

~~~~~

When you click to make a post, 2 buttons appear under the textbox.

Click "Other Media"

Select "Insert existing attachment"

On the page that opens, click "Attachment Location" located under the now boldfaced "Insert existing attachment"

Select "Gallery Images"

Click the image you want

Click the "Insert 1 Selected" button

And Voila!  Your image should appear in the textbox.

:biggrin: