What is The Gathering? House Spiral? Zoom Info?

The Virtual Gathering Until COVID Ends

A good way to practice your pro-social skills. 
Conversations don't always include you.  Conversation can sometimes

be about subjects we don't care about.  Showing up regularly can take EFFORT.

FB_IMG_1588043359336.jpg

Also CATS!  (Current Nerd Vote: Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Star Trek, Magic The Gathering)

Join Zoom Meeting Link:

7:30 - 10:00  Saturday as of April 3rd 2021

House Spiral is: 
Prosocial (Courageous, Kind, Truthful and community minded.)
Sexpositive (LGBTQAI / BDSM friendly)
Goth friendly
Everyone Likes Hugs if you don't GTFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A Social Club for some, a family for others. 

All the "Subjects" are just what you can't be hateful toward and it would be nice if you took some minimal interest in but actually being "into" anything other than Hugs, Prosocial Behavior, and Sexpositivity (loosely) are not required at all.  

The last Thursday in October is "House Spiral Gathering Day" make a special effort to show up if possible @TronRP @kat  You have  7 months to plan.  lol 

"House Spiral Day"  similar to H.S. Christmas.  
"Happy House Spiral Day!" 

What doe 'Celebrate' mean? It means show up. Bonus points for dressing up.  Presents?  Sure. But not necessary at all.  Just your body being at the gathering is the priority. 

@TronRP @ Any Other Person That Happens By This Post

If you are thinking about checking this out that would be cool.  I'd leave this post un-pinned and if anyone asks where the link to the virtual gathering is send them here.  This way they see what is expected rather than "just the link". If that makes sense..   :)

6 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

@TronRP you can just listen in if you want. Nothing to install. You just click that link. I try to have it live a bit before 7:30. 😁

~~~~~

I just saw this.  I was handling dinner.

6 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

It's every week. Didn't really expect you to see it super fast. 😁

~~~~~

LOL...as I practically live on DGN, I just meant that I missed that one particular post where you mentioned that all I had to do was click a link.  You posted around 5pm, I didn't see it until around 11pm.

However, as I am probably one of a handful of people who actually access DGN by Desktop, ZOOM tried to do an immediate download upon clicking the link.  That caught me off guard.

😅

On 5/15/2020 at 12:43 AM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

LOL...as I practically live on DGN, I just meant that I missed that one particular post where you mentioned that all I had to do was click a link.  You posted around 5pm, I didn't see it until around 11pm.

However, as I am probably one of a handful of people who actually access DGN by Desktop, ZOOM tried to do an immediate download upon clicking the link.  That caught me off guard.

😅

Also you have to agree to a couple clicks too. It's not like 'click and you are on'. Also, maybe just poking around on it might be helpful when no one is on it.... Which is 99.9% of the time. 

As far as I can tell it's 'always on.  At least mine is. There are a ton of ways to set a room up.

5 minutes ago, Troy Spiral said:

Also you have to agree to a couple clicks too. It's not like 'click and you are on'. Also, maybe just poking around on it might be helpful when no one is on it.... Which is 99.9% of the time. 

As far as I can tell it's 'always on.  At least mine is. There are a ton of ways to set a room up.

~~~~~

So your computer reacted the same way...lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 12:35 PM, Scary Guy said:

Well if you guys are doing that I guess I can cancel that weekly event on my Discord server.  I'll throw a link to this up instead.  Best of luck.

I didn't even see that!  Thanks for doing that!   

There is a "House Spiral Discord" but so few people use the existing resources adding yet another one just splits the party further.  I've yet to even suggest anyone use it other than bobbi. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 5:02 AM, Scary Guy said:

You should start using that for The Gathering then.  Much better than Zoom IMO (but almost every solution out there is.)

I know you try brother.  And its appreciated.   I just can only split the pie into so many slices.  (My 5 hours a day of actual "functional" time) 

Beta-max was better than VHS.   Mini disks were Better than CDs.   Skype had a 17 year head start and zoom ate its lunch in 2 weeks. 

Message boards are better than so-called "social media".  (picture sharing networks). Sega was better than Nintendo (early on).   But its what people are going to actually use.  Almost everyone is on zoom now.   Its sort of like  Instagram.  Of the big three Instagram sucks the hardest but its the fastest growing.   Teaching people to learn a new technology on top of dragging them kicking and screaming to a meeting is a nightmare.   

I am open to the discord idea.  I'm not open to promoting it.   I'm exhausted 24/7  already... and its getting worse.   No one wants to promote or has the time to.   Back when I was going HAM on DGN it took me 2 years to find 3 decent promoters to help me. 

Having said that,  at least YouTube is growing despite no one here watching it.  That probably will get large enough for discord that I don't have to do much to promote at some point.   I seem to be attracting submissives and goths.  (Exactly my target audience anyway for the you-tube channel).   It'll be a while though since I'm only getting like 20 new subscribers a month.    (Although that is more new subscribers than I got in the first  YEAR when I first started. 

• 1 month later...

Left leaning politics?  I just noticed that.  I don't think politics should come into play at all since that (and religion) are great ways to rub people the wrong way and start arguments.

I mean as long as it's kept respectful sure.  But I know a few others here are more on the right on some issues (mostly guns and maybe the economy.)

Also this info should probably be pinned, if this is still a thing IDK.  I assume and hope it is.  I hope it and you guys are doing well.

• Troy Spiral changed the title to What is The Gathering? House Spiral? Zoom Info?