what are you doing right now? (cont'd)

TronRP

Being lazy at the house after making an unexpected emergency trip to return a worker back home who was not physically able to work plus there were growing concerns that he had been developing dementia or had an aneurysm. Being the only licensed driver aside from the boss, I got the task of transporting "Uncle Rob" back to West By Gawd Virginia

39 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Cooking lunch for tomorrow's work day. I'm liking being back in the kitchen compared to the six months in retail.

~~~~~

Wait a minute...I remember when you were starting in retail.  It does not feel like it's been 6 months! 👀

I was sitting here like, "Are you sure?!?", but you would know, you worked it.

😆

29 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Wait a minute...I remember when you were starting in retail.  It does not feel like it's been 6 months! 👀

I was sitting here like, "Are you sure?!?", but you would know, you worked it.

😆

Right around six months; yeah Mid November to June 9th. I started back in the kitchen on the 11th.

10 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Right around six months; yeah Mid November to June 9th. I started back in the kitchen on the 11th.

~~~~~

The thing is, I was posting about it with you here on DGN.  My mind is just blown at how fast time has flown by...wow.

Just now, NocteSpiritus said:

I know. You've also been busy with your own live and business, so it's easy to forget.

~~~~~

Not so much as forget as not noticing the passage of time.  Back in November, the boy was just starting College Prep and going over his Graduation Plan with his counselor.  Now he has graduated and will be moving into his College dorm room at the end of August.

It's like I've had funnel vision blinders on for months...start a task, complete a task, move on, repeat.

8 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Not so much as forget as not noticing the passage of time.  Back in November, the boy was just starting College Prep and going over his Graduation Plan with his counselor.  Now he has graduated and will be moving into his College dorm room at the end of August.

It's like I've had funnel vision blinders on for months...start a task, complete a task, move on, repeat.

It happens; we see time pass all the time but it doesn't always click.

31 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Exactly...lol.

I know the feeling. I was doing yardwork last week, lost a fight with poison ivy Monday, and went into the er at 230ish Tuesday, came home for some sleep. Did more work, scheduled a follow up dr visit for that Friday, manage to reschedule for Wednesday. All the while still doing house/yard work being like 'when did it happen?"