Monday and Saturday Only?

There were plenty at several points, really great ones that I miss dearly...but people killed them by only ever going to CC and Necto, while bitching that there were no other nights, while not going to them even though there actually were :confused: .

So there's CC, Necto, and Northern Lights Lounge left, basically. Plastic Passion monthly at Necto is awesome as well, but not specifically necessarily a gothic/industrial night.

Edited by Chernobyl

Yeah at various times there were nearly M-S something somewhere. But we've been down to 2 nights before, just was hoping I was missing something. :verymad::crybaby:

Same as it always was, rotating cast of characters in "leadership" alternately starting and ending nights for a combination of reasons. The most common reason over the last 15 years honestly seems to be not the drama (although that doesn't help), or lack of effort (which sometimes is a problem too), but just being unable to "ramp up" the turnout for a night for owners (who mostly) don't care what you play, as long as you bring the people in, and most nights just arent able to stick it out long enough to get to that critical mass were they can be sustained often again due to lackluster interest from the ownership to stick with it. Speaking really broadly here, as a lot of specific nights ended for very different reasons.

Building nights unless you have a primo location (not just the building but also the surrounding disposable income) and/or primo $$$ are going to take a long time to build now even more than in years past (and it was never easy).

Hell there were after-after places too, of which I'm unaware of any such thing anywhere anymore. (not that i'm in the mood to get booted out of legal grey area venue at this point in my life lol)

There's a goth night on Saturdays and Mondays?

I see what you did there...

(Technically no, but we're going to be nice and pretend there is :whistle:)

Edited by Chernobyl

There's a goth night on Saturdays and Mondays?

I see what you did there...

(Technically no, but we're going to be nice and pretend there is :whistle:)

hah (note the quotation marks before and after goth and industrial =P)

There hasn't been one that's lasted for more than like a year in the purist sense as far as I ever remember (although my memory only goes back to the very late 80s). They either closed or morphed to quickly into something more er...uh... diverse. (and then closed ouch)

I kept thinking there would be some small "purist" venue that could be run on the cheap somehwere and that would last, but it never materialised.

Then, bar lowered, I used to have this dream that clubs would block off say, the first hour of the night for "card carrying" gothic music , you know before the crowd gets there at least,(really they have to keep the doors open somehow and playing Grave and SGC four hours a night wont do it, unfortunately) but that never materialism either. Not that it still couldn't.

Not sure how I've managed to be around (almost) as long as anyone else but am not raging anymore, and honestly was only doing it long enough to get fired from the radio station lol. I just spell goth with a small g and industrial with a small i.Save my angst for other things these days I guess.

I kind of wonder when a club is going to have a Frank Night. There must be someone named Frank (Just Frank) who is having a crisis and about to collapse and die in bed. If he had a motorcycle the way there might be the ride of a lifetime. And since his mood is beneath the norm he could go somewhere for free and do the soviet.

Edited by Coffeenated