DEFINITELY silents, movies from the 1920-1960 sometimes 1970's. Black and whites are my obsession, I have more of those than "current" movies.

Lately been catching up on Harry Potter again but I usually stick to the more imaginative side of things - A Song of Ice and Fire Series, His Dark Materials series, things like that. Always looking for new books too, I have a hard time finding them these days.

Hard time finding new books? Holy cow, I have a stack of to-be-read books that would last me until 2020 (that is if I stopped adding new stuff to it lol) But I do tend to read a lot of non-fiction and a huge swath of other genres, and I tend to read slow-ish, just due to my anal retentiveness about wanting to remember / think about things before I turn the page.

I watch a lot of older films, probably about 40% of my movies (last count was 600+ but that was a few years ago) are pre-70s at least , usually pre-60s. But, when people come over they rarely want to watch anything "old" so I sort of get (mildly) peer pressured toward more current stuff. I'm fairly ignorant of silent film, other than Charlie Chaplin and Louise Brooks (fairly obscure I know). More 30s-60s. Not due to any dislike of silent film, just haven't explored them all that much yet with my billion different things I spend my time on. Well "not all that much" compared to someone that is really into them, I probably know more about silent films than any of my close circle of friends.

Hard time finding new books? Holy cow, I have a stack of to-be-read books that would last me until 2020 (that is if I stopped adding new stuff to it lol) But I do tend to read a lot of non-fiction and a huge swath of other genres, and I tend to read slow-ish, just due to my anal retentiveness about wanting to remember / think about things before I turn the page.

I watch a lot of older films, probably about 40% of my movies (last count was 600+ but that was a few years ago) are pre-70s at least , usually pre-60s. But, when people come over they rarely want to watch anything "old" so I sort of get (mildly) peer pressured toward more current stuff. I'm fairly ignorant of silent film, other than Charlie Chaplin and Louise Brooks (fairly obscure I know). More 30s-60s. Not due to any dislike of silent film, just haven't explored them all that much yet with my billion different things I spend my time on. Well "not all that much" compared to someone that is really into them, I probably know more about silent films than any of my close circle of friends.

I can read really fast, so I need about 4-5 books to last me about a week as long as I'm not interrupted.. which I'm not lately, seeing as I'm waiting for September for school right now and I can't find a job! I have a hard time finding something I'd like without being disappointed in it be it plot line, character development, etc.

I've seen a few silents, my favorite "dramatic" silent is Lorna Doone. It's beautiful - it's shot in a sepia tone and the lines are chilling and beautifully written. One comes to mind right now: "Warm wine for my bride of ice!"

Otherwise I collect mainly Cary Grant films, but I also adore Lauren Bacall, Frank Sinatra (I'm half italian after all), Humphrey Bogart.. all the classic stars. The more "current" films are stuff like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Disney animated films, Harry Potter, horror films.. all those things. I really want to see if I can get a copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman. I adore Gary Oldman.. *swoon*

I can read really fast, so I need about 4-5 books to last me about a week as long as I'm not interrupted.. which I'm not lately, seeing as I'm waiting for September for school right now and I can't find a job! I have a hard time finding something I'd like without being disappointed in it be it plot line, character development, etc.

I've seen a few silents, my favorite "dramatic" silent is Lorna Doone. It's beautiful - it's shot in a sepia tone and the lines are chilling and beautifully written. One comes to mind right now: "Warm wine for my bride of ice!"

Otherwise I collect mainly Cary Grant films, but I also adore Lauren Bacall, Frank Sinatra (I'm half italian after all), Humphrey Bogart.. all the classic stars. The more "current" films are stuff like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Disney animated films, Harry Potter, horror films.. all those things. I really want to see if I can get a copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman. I adore Gary Oldman.. *swoon*

4-5 books a week, holy cripes! If i finish a book in 2 weeks that is like a near miracle. I'll have to look into Lorna Doone.... which i just did, apparently there are SIX different adaptions, I assume you are referring to this one.

What is this "copy" thing you refer to, you mean something other than digital bits and bytes? Crazy talk!! haha. Is that similar to these B.O.O.K. things I've heard about? Crazy internet rumors.

I think I have everything you just listed off, but I guess you mean the actual store-bought discs, which, I have almost none of. I either have DVD copies or, more recently everything is in digital format which, since I don't have a blue-ray player is mooth anyhow since on my HD TV I have nothing to actually "input" HD to the TV with. (my DVD player just has a USB port so i just transfer the movies from my HD to my DVD player)

4-5 books a week, holy cripes! If i finish a book in 2 weeks that is like a near miracle. I'll have to look into Lorna Doone.... which i just did, apparently there are SIX different adaptions, I assume you are referring to this one.

What is this "copy" thing you refer to, you mean something other than digital bits and bytes? Crazy talk!! haha. Is that similar to these B.O.O.K. things I've heard about? Crazy internet rumors.

I think I have everything you just listed off, but I guess you mean the actual store-bought discs, which, I have almost none of. I either have DVD copies or, more recently everything is in digital format which, since I don't have a blue-ray player is mooth anyhow since on my HD TV I have nothing to actually "input" HD to the TV with. (my DVD player just has a USB port so i just transfer the movies from my HD to my DVD player)

Haha yes, I read very fast.. and like I said, I have lots of time on my hands so I can really finish anything if I wanted to. I've spent the entire summer watching Doctor Who, which would take other people a long time too!

Yes I buy my movies, mostly cos I like having hard copies of things and I don't know how to download movies? Only thing I feel okay downloading is music and I have my little ways of getting that even.

Bluray imo is stupid, I understand the whole HD thing but other than that I see no real improvement yet. XD

Awesome, that's the version of Lorna Doone I meant :)

Haha yes, I read very fast.. and like I said, I have lots of time on my hands so I can really finish anything if I wanted to. I've spent the entire summer watching Doctor Who, which would take other people a long time too!

Yes I buy my movies, mostly cos I like having hard copies of things and I don't know how to download movies? Only thing I feel okay downloading is music and I have my little ways of getting that even.

Bluray imo is stupid, I understand the whole HD thing but other than that I see no real improvement yet. XD

Awesome, that's the version of Lorna Doone I meant :)

Omg music pirate. ! :spank How could you??? :shock: lol =P

There is a big improvement in HD over regular definition but the problem is you have to have it set up right , which , isn't as simple as it should be. It actually looks WORSE usually on most TVs that I see than the old normal definition sets unless its done right.

I just got done watching like 10 years worth of a show called Red Dwarf (british sci-fi comedy) yes.. I too have a lot of time on my hands. Then there is like the 10 minutes a day I spend shaking an angry fist at the universe for canceling firefly...

Canceling Firefly.. ugh. I know. I know.

Red Dwarf!! I've heard of it! One of these days I'm gonna start in on that one :D

My music comes from Japan and Korea so it's really expensive to import it over here, and most of the time they can't even be found on iTunes. XD;

Canceling Firefly.. ugh. I know. I know.

Red Dwarf!! I've heard of it! One of these days I'm gonna start in on that one :D

My music comes from Japan and Korea so it's really expensive to import it over here, and most of the time they can't even be found on iTunes. XD;

So if its expensive... its ok. hah. I like it. So for me right now, I consider almost everything expensive... they should teach that in school.

I wouldn't really recommend red dwarf super highly, its a fun show, I guess sort of like doctor who in a way, in that its not "high quality writing/acting" like say BSG / Firefly, which is usually what i tend to "push" if I'm going to recommend stuff, I'd recommend documentaries or quality films (or other TV) before mid-range sci fi stuff. Even though I'm a big sci fi nut. (Hell a girl told me "she didn't like space ships" one time and I thought well... no GF potential there!) LOL

So if its expensive... its ok. hah. I like it. So for me right now, I consider almost everything expensive... they should teach that in school.

I wouldn't really recommend red dwarf super highly, its a fun show, I guess sort of like doctor who in a way, in that its not "high quality writing/acting" like say BSG / Firefly, which is usually what i tend to "push" if I'm going to recommend stuff, I'd recommend documentaries or quality films (or other TV) before mid-range sci fi stuff. Even though I'm a big sci fi nut. (Hell a girl told me "she didn't like space ships" one time and I thought well... no GF potential there!) LOL

You would be amazed how much a japanese CD costs. The cheapest I own is $25. If you buy them stateside they tend to be about $35 on average.

Battlestar Galactica is on my list, along with Caprica and everything else related :) I'm a huge Billie Piper fan so I'll probably start on that after I manage to get Secret Diary of a Call Girl in my little paws. I've heard a lot about Red Dwarf through a friend of mine so I may end up seeing it anyways XD I would never be able to be with someone who couldn't understand my geekery interests.

You would be amazed how much a japanese CD costs. The cheapest I own is $25. If you buy them stateside they tend to be about $35 on average.

Battlestar Galactica is on my list, along with Caprica and everything else related :) I'm a huge Billie Piper fan so I'll probably start on that after I manage to get Secret Diary of a Call Girl in my little paws. I've heard a lot about Red Dwarf through a friend of mine so I may end up seeing it anyways XD I would never be able to be with someone who couldn't understand my geekery interests.

BSG is more like a film that just happened to be shown on TV. The special effects / scripts / acting are all movie quality. Not sure how they pulled that off on a TV budget.

WHAT ARE THESE CD (probably like the tooth fairy) RUMORS/LIES I KEEP HEARING ABOUT??? Someone make the bad girl stop! *covers ears* um... eyes!

I do like certian actors, but typically the shows they are in have a lot more to do with the whole writer/director/scripting/rest of the cast than the show/movie does to do with the actor themselves. For instance Deadwood was an awesome series and the best guy in it , who did an awesome job as "the bad guy" , was in a lot of Craaaaaaaaaap. (just one of 1000 examples). Same thing for the guy whos name escapes me at the moment.. Malcom Reynolds in Firefly, hes in a lot of garbage too. Shatner was great in twilight zone and in some other things, but totally sucked in a lot of others etc etc.

I'm more hardcore about it than just having the GF "be understanding" about my geeky interests, I'm into them too much, if i cant talk about them its just going to suck after awhile. I tried it a few times, never works. Doesn't matter if its Miss Universe Sex Goddess , doesn't like time traveling telephone booths? CURB!!! /kick!!