3 weeks ago tomorrow night my house was broken into. Taken was my 2 week old laptop, my roommates laptop, 8 swords, 2 of which were anime replicas I bought for my roommates sis and one was a replica katana from Highlander the TV series. And both of my digital cameras. Over all about $2000 in stuff. I am going nuts not having my cameras as I have been trying to clear my head by taking pics. Seems like everytime I move forwards someone knocks me back. How do you get off of the crazy train? Right now I am searching ebay for a decent digital camera for a decent price to at least have a camera. I have someone who likes having me take her pics and may even have had a couple of paying photo gigs. Not much but even a few bucks is better than nothing. And on top of that, a week before the dryer died and the car repair money had to go there. Was this close to getting the caddy running so I could go to City Club and visit my DGN friends.

Edited by Draco1958

do not ever post on line when your not going to be home....this is one of the newer ways thieves have of getting at you

sometimes you can look in local pawn stores and find some of it...I think if you can prove its yours...vin numbers...they HAVE to give it back...

your neighbors didn't hear or see ANYTHING?

I never post online when everyone will be gone. Actually my leaving the house was a last minute decision. No insurance, long story. Been checking pawn shops in the area plus gave them a list of what was taken plus serial numbers. Actually they don't have to give it back. Michigan has a weird law that says they have to sell it back to me for what they paid for it. Went thru that the last time one of my cameras was stolen. It happened around midnight. No one heard anything. I live on a corner lot and the window they broke was in the back, street side so the only neighbor who could have heard something is on the oposite side.

I never post online when everyone will be gone. Actually my leaving the house was a last minute decision. No insurance, long story. Been checking pawn shops in the area plus gave them a list of what was taken plus serial numbers. Actually they don't have to give it back. Michigan has a weird law that says they have to sell it back to me for what they paid for it. Went thru that the last time one of my cameras was stolen. It happened around midnight. No one heard anything. I live on a corner lot and the window they broke was in the back, street side so the only neighbor who could have heard something is on the opposite side.

I had no idea about this law...kinda seems to favor the crack heads wtf??

I thought pawn stores were held accountable to some degree....

Hear allot about corner houses...it was prob a neighbor or someone who frequents a neighbor...how else would they know when you left if it was off schedule? Maybe you should board up or put an alarm on that back window...whoever did this knows you have stuff to steal now...

Whenever I leave I make it look like someone is here...close the bathroom door, turn on a couple lights...the radio...loud so if they (often) knock first to see if anyone is there it will seem like you couldn't hear it.

Also put alarm stickers on all windows...dogs prevent lots of break ins they have recordings of a dog barking now I think it works like a sensor light...

I know these seem to easy but everyone around my place has gotten broke into damn near but I haven't

what really sucks is the people who do this assume your doing well enough can spare something when you WORK for it...and they don't know if your on the brink of disaster ect...

or don't care. It pisses me off.

I hope whoever did this is found.