What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

13 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Whoa, they just tested the Emergency Early Warning System and it FAILED during the reporting...:blink:

Was it just me or did it repeat over and over and than the voice of a broadcaster came through and say something like President Trump and than it went and repeated the warning again? 

Edited by kat

16 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Did it? I saw the test, but was distracted by youtube.

4 minutes ago, kat said:

Was it just me or did it repeat over and over and than the voice of a broadcaster came through and say something like President Trump and than it went and repeated the warning again? 

~~~~~

Yes, I was distracted by YouTube and totally had a Scooby Doo response when I heard it say "President Trump...".  I took a picture of the screen as it dropped all the information and tried to reload.  It came up in Spanish and all could think was how hypocritical that appeared because at the same time my email was showing a headline for families detained and separated at the border and another story headline stating how the wall won't keep immigrants out, but tariff might.

:dry:

2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Yes, I was distracted by YouTube and totally had a Scooby Doo response when I heard it say "President Trump...".  I took a picture of the screen as it dropped all the information and tried to reload.  It came up in Spanish and all could think was how hypocritical that appeared because at the same time my email was showing a headline for families detained and separated at the border and another story headline stating how the wall won't keep immigrants out, but tariff might.

:dry:

I thought we was getting attacked for a minute. 

Well, schools are closed and my nephew has an attitude about it.  I think he's doing something other than "school work" there, so when they can't go, he gets moody.  Yet he says it's because he wants to do his work.  I told him to use this time off to study the work they were doing in school, at home.

Something just seems suspicious.  He only reacts when there is something he likes and nothing else.  So he's doing something at school and he's being secretive about it.

Interesting how technology has shaped the things we have come to familiarize ourselves with as the future introduces us to new forms of frustration.

...autocorrect...WINDOWS 10...the ever improving FACEBOOK...etc....

On 2/10/2019 at 11:42 PM, TronRP said:

How did it get to the point where people feel that fist fights, abuse and attempted murder are just typical parts to a relationship?

😡

Sociopaths don't have empathy; it is beyond them.  Fortunately most of us are NOT sociopaths.  But there are two things going on: the number of sociopaths is going up.  Nobody quite understands the reason.  Like autism, it is thought to be a difference in the basic makeup of the brain.

The second, and worst part, is that empathy is a bit like a muscle; if not exercised, it will atrophy.  Back when I was in school, we were constantly taught to "put yourself in the other guy's shoes."  This basically encouraged us to see other people as ourselves, fully human, with all the same desires, albeit maybe differing beliefs, goals, etc.  I seldom ever hear this idea.  Educators may take it for granted.  This is a huge mistake.

Beyond empathy, it is far more socially acceptable to publicly display hatred than love.  Say "love" in a group of men (and sometimes women, these days) and you'll get eye-roll, at best, and outright derision at worst.  Cuddle, kiss and other forms of "PDA" (public displays of affection) are shamed, confronted and sometimes even illegal, yet if two people start brawling on the street, people will gather to watch.  I have seen parents encourage their children to "get a good look."  And people allow it until the cops show up.  There's something wrong with this picture.

I feel like I'm in the DGN Twilight Zone.  Post are disappearing and reappearing right before my eyes.  What's that about?  I was just about to pick a certain @kat for deleting an earlier post I had already logged and BAM...the last post in this thread vanished...which was weird because @Trene4000 is not known for arbitrarily deleting posts.

...I literally had a Lain moment for a second.

:blink:

My body went into a strange hibernation like sleep yesterday and last night.  Looking at all the snow we got this morning, I'm wondering if my body was preparing itself for the snow shoveling it knew I would have to be doing today.

I had the exact same thing happen to me last night!  I was fine until roughly 8:00 PM.  Then I literally fell asleep while waiting at a traffic light.  Not dangerous - I wasn't sleepy at all while actually driving.  But it was weird.  Lethargic as hell today.  Been up about 4 1/2 hours and even had lunch and still blah.  Gotta be a weather thing.  Next resort: COFFEE!!!!

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

I had the exact same thing happen to me last night!  I was fine until roughly 8:00 PM.  Then I literally fell asleep while waiting at a traffic light.  Not dangerous - I wasn't sleepy at all while actually driving.  But it was weird.  Lethargic as hell today.  Been up about 4 1/2 hours and even had lunch and still blah.  Gotta be a weather thing.  Next resort: COFFEE!!!!

~~~~~

Just glad you are ok.

I am so glad I grew up during the years before social media. Also,  all these new words and phrases like being extra and mansplaining, and things like mgtow and toxic feminism and all the craziness that I don't want to hear about anymore.  It sucks that this is the world nowadays the kids are inheriting. They don't know about any way of life that existed really before life became a mashup between The Truman Show and Idiocracy.  

And with that being said,  just get the hell off my lawn and no you can't have an extra piece of Halloween candy ..I've given you three, didn't your mother teach you manners? Can I get a thank you at least? 

Edited by kat

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic