J-Pop, K-Pop

Simon Bar Sinister

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Nice. I don't care what anyone says....rarely heard any j-pop that wasn't ubelievably catchy. My interest has even been growing over time. Thinking about actually seeking out more these days. How nerdy would that be? Very....but I think I'm ok with that.

Both genres suck IMO

Never had any interest in them myself. Now, is J-Rock/J-Pop to Japanese-based music what anime is to Japanese culture in that that's all folks think Japan is about?

As far as Japanese rock/pop goes I'll stick with Shonen Knife, the raw garage sounds of Guitar Wolf, Japanese psychobilly and 50s & 60s Japanese rock n' roll and pop.

Never had any interest in them myself. Now, is J-Rock/J-Pop to Japanese-based music what anime is to Japanese culture in that that's all folks think Japan is about?

As far as Japanese rock/pop goes I'll stick with Shonen Knife, the raw garage sounds of Guitar Wolf, Japanese psychobilly and 50s & 60s Japanese rock n' roll and pop.

I can tolerate some "Japanoise" stuff but thats about it, even then its mostly because my girlfriend enjoys it. Although "Merzbow" is awesome.

• 2 years later...

WOW!!! As much as I listen to, perform, and Karaoke J-Pop and K-Pop, I had no idea a thread of this nature even existed on DGN. Now I see there's actually a place to post about it...SWEET :biggrin:

Also, my condolences to those of the above post :up:

お悔やみを申し上げます (Okuyami o mōshiagemasu)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...