Your screen resolution

Vater Araignee

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmm, depends on which statistic you're looking at. If you go with 1024x768 you're only 'cutting out' 1/3 of DGNers. Besides, those people should get new computers and stop using Netscape 4.0. :p

You could also be super suave web designer and make your web page adjust to people's available screen real estate.

Edited by JarodakaMister

Monitor one 1280X1024

Monitors two and three 1024X768

I plan on adding some too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do I feel like you have you thumb on you nose and your saying "naner naner naner" =)

Did you know when I built may box dual screen never entered my mind?

Something I've regretted since it finally did because I no longer can afford to rectify the issue.

click start.

got to settings find control panel and click it.

find settings and double click it.

the Display Properties dialog box will pop up.

click on the settings tab.

you will find a spot that says Screen area with a less - more slider and

n by n pixels

or you can alt click on a blank space on your desktop and pick properties and

the Display Properties dialog box will pop up.

click on the settings tab.

you will find a spot that says Screen area with a less - more slider and

n by n pixels

1024 X 768 usually accounts for, by most stat sites anywhere from 40-60% "users" (how to define that is a debateable subject) 800 X 600 is the old standard and usually is listed as second place. 1280x1024 is assumed to be the "up and comming new standard".

Since message board users generally are considered "more computer literate" (and thus likely to have better hardware software etc) than the average web surfer, i'd guess we'll have more of a bent toward the 1280 X 1024 than the net population at large.

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am sure you already solved this issue but I thought it worthwhile to mention that my resolution wasn't listed. I use 1600×900 which is on a 21inch +wide monitor. I really don't have any problems however with size conversion. Typically sites set to a percentage instead of static width size up well. 

Edited by Siinda

Wow, this poll is so old; no 4k or even 2k (which most high-end smartphones now have.)  Actually smart phones didn't even exist then either.

Center 32" widescreen is is 1920x1080, while the other four are now where my old main monitor was at.  Also they're all now flat-panels instead of CRT's.

All of them run off one ATI card (forget the model off hand) with one Display Port, one HDMI, and two DVI connections.

• 2 weeks later...