Anyone else DIY

One of my favorite accessories is my Top Hat.

I purchased several different sizes and had fun with then.

Before:

After:

Top Hat 1 - Modified November 2010

Top Hat 2 - Modified December 2012

Top Hat 3 - Modified January 2013

nice stuff i wish i had a head that could pull off a hat

One of my favorite accessories is my Top Hat.

I purchased several different sizes and had fun with then.

Before:

After:

Top Hat 1 - Modified November 2010

Top Hat 2 - Modified December 2012

Top Hat 3 - Modified January 2013

nice stuff i wish i had a head that could pull off a hat

Believe it or not, I found this out purely on a shopping whim...Hot Topic out at Great Lakes Crossing was having an after Halloween sale so I purchased the very last 50% off top hat they had to use as an accessory for next Halloween. Much to my surprise, it actually looked decent and I wore it out of the store.

I have been buying and receiving hats from people for years, but my face never went with any of the styles so I always ended up storing them away and wearing baseball and skull caps. Keep looking, I am positive you will find something that works with you. Top Hats were a happy unplanned discovery :biggrin:

lol doubtful. we have a hat store up here that boasts having over 100 different styles...i spent two hours there with a hat expert and still couldnt find anything lol

Believe it or not, I found this out purely on a shopping whim...Hot Topic out at Great Lakes Crossing was having an after Halloween sale so I purchased the very last 50% off top hat they had to use as an accessory for next Halloween. Much to my surprise, it actually looked decent and I wore it out of the store.

I have been buying and receiving hats from people for years, but my face never went with any of the styles so I always ended up storing them away and wearing baseball and skull caps. Keep looking, I am positive you will find something that works with you. Top Hats were a happy unplanned discovery :biggrin:

lol doubtful. we have a hat store up here that boasts having over 100 different styles...i spent two hours there with a hat expert and still couldnt find anything lol

Full hat or partial hat style?

idk im a dude lol ive never anylized hats

Funny :laugh: ...The idea is to find what works with the shape of your face. I found that Cadet, Engineer and Top Hat styles work with me because I have a long face. To be honest, the style of hat you were wearing for your cosplay works. To give it a more varied look, you could try giving yourself a bang swept to one side to complete the look...just a suggestion...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a legal clothing modification idea I've taken from a "real life superhero". If I get around to doing it, I'll try to post it in here.

Since I don't know when I'll get around to doing this and I sometimes forget things, I will put my idea down.

A real life superhero had a cape which was held together by magnets, so that nobody could pull on it in a fight. The "superhero tie" uses the same idea, using magnets in two places with the tie permanently tied and the knot super-glued. The first magnet would probably be glued between the knot and the hanging part, and the second somewhere around the collar. So that if someone like an angry drunk tried to pull you around by your tie or choke you, they'd be out of luck.

Edited by Class-Punk

Feeling the need to be creative, think of sewing some wrist cuff from Jet Set, Lace, and fine Tulle...wonder what that will look like. :blink:

I'll post the results once I finish them.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually just purchased this one on July 1st and took it for a test run on July 6th.

Totally cool, I just need to make some "Personal Flare" type modifications before I wear it again :biggrin:

I want to purchase a couple more so I can have them in different colors, but since they only come in denim, I will have to dye them.

The costume store I bought it from on eBay was selling it for about $8. It's $35 if purchased in the store. They only had one, so I have been checking other online stores and so far everyone else starts at $16 and up.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...