After constant nagging from FarrIL, a few invites from Troy Spiral and ... um, some guy who's name I can't remember for the life of me (sorry dude) but we chatted at CC last night and he stood in front of me all night at the CXS concert, I finally decided to join.

Why? Mostly out of boredom. I work nights at a Walgreens (generally 11pm - 8am) and on the nights I don't work there's nothing to do but sit on my computer and read forums. All stores are closed (well, except Walgreens but why do I want to go there when I'm not working, Meijers, Denny's {though the one in Rochester closed down years ago}, Ram's Horn, and the like) and all my friends are in bed so there's no one to chat with. So, here I am.

A little bit about myself ...

I started going to City Club back in 1996 or 1997 with my buddy Varga, aka Ogre. I've also been friends with Will who works security for almost as long. I've never considered myself "gothic" but I love the music, especially synthpop and darkwave with favorite bands including The Cruxshadows, VNV Nation, Assemblage 23, L'Ame Immortalle, BlutEngel, Icon of Coil, etc. I love dancing though I never thought I was good at it until Troy Spiral approached me at Mephistos, said I was really good, and asked if I gave lessons. I almost laughed but it certainly was an ego boost. Thanks Troy.

I've been a model/performer with Chaos Productions for almost a year now. I specialize in bullwhip stunts (I can crack a cigarette out of somebody's mouth as Tara can attest), straight jacket escapes, and glass walking (when Tim TV's not busy doing that). Here are two of my favorite pics from Chaos, the first being a studio photo shoot (image by Kamal), and the second being a Noir Leather sponsored "Hellbound" show at The Labyrinth (image by Kamal, makeup by Sarah).

fetish.jpgfreaky.jpg

You may have seen me dancing away at City Club wearing the first outfit. Unfortunately I don't own many club and/or fetish clothing. I'm hoping to remedy that, but I'm broke and always seem to have something better to spend my money on. ::sigh::

That's all I can think of for now. I suppose you can get the rest of the info about me from my bio and if you have any questions, ask away. I'm not shy.

Edited by Spook

That second costume is awesome!  Aside from the shows mentioned, have you worked at the Ren fair?  I saw a guy there doing whip tricks......thought maybe it was you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to do the Michigan Renaissance Festival up in Holly back in 1997 and 1998. I was a street magician and juggler who also became "famous" for doing the Posable Statue, and one of the heads of the Oracle of All Knowledge. But then petty politics forced me out of it.

I am also a member of the stage combat repetoire theatre troupe Knights Of Iron that has been doing the Three Musketeers vs. Captain Saphire and his pirates The Seven Deadly Sins shows out there, though I'm not on cast for those shows. I did play Merlin however the first weekend Knights of Iron did "The Legends of King Arthur" out at the Silverleaf RenFair in Kalamazoo. I couldn't do the other weekends 'cuz my former job dicked me over on the time off they promissed me.

As far as the whip guy you may have seen at RenFest, there are a few possibilities. The "original" whip guy was Don Juan from the Don Juan and Miguel show. He introduced me to the whip and gave me a lot of pointers. That show hasn't been in Michigan for years though (petty politics again). Jugglers The Zucchini Brothers use whips as a warm up to their act on occasion, as do the female duo Ample & Trite. The guy you probably saw however is Brett Copes, aka Whip Boy. He was one of the fighters and founding member of The Comediots who had a hilarious show back when I worked MRF. I introduced him to the whip, he moved out to LA and learned more from some guys out there, and then started touring fests as Whip Boy a few years later.

I keep trying to convince Fest to hire me, but they probably can't afford me. I'm more accurate than any of the current people, and I've been working on some Florentine stuff - a whip in each hand. (Ever see Underworld? Yeah, like that.) Plus, I really don't want to get mixed up in the petty politcs again.

• 8 years later...

I found my original introduction so I don't have to reintroduce myself to the new people. A few things have changed though, so I'll comment after the quote.

After constant nagging from FarrIL, a few invites from Troy Spiral and ... um, some guy who's name I can't remember for the life of me (sorry dude) but we chatted at CC last night and he stood in front of me all night at the CXS concert, I finally decided to join.

Why? Mostly out of boredom. I work nights at a Walgreens (generally 11pm - 8am) and on the nights I don't work there's nothing to do but sit on my computer and read forums. All stores are closed (well, except Walgreens but why do I want to go there when I'm not working, Meijers, Denny's {though the one in Rochester closed down years ago}, Ram's Horn, and the like) and all my friends are in bed so there's no one to chat with. So, here I am.

A little bit about myself ...

I started going to City Club back in 1996 or 1997 with my buddy Varga, aka Ogre. I've also been friends with Will who works security for almost as long. I've never considered myself "gothic" but I love the music, especially synthpop and darkwave with favorite bands including The Cruxshadows, VNV Nation, Assemblage 23, L'Ame Immortalle, BlutEngel, Icon of Coil, etc. I love dancing though I never thought I was good at it until Troy Spiral approached me at Mephistos, said I was really good, and asked if I gave lessons. I almost laughed but it certainly was an ego boost. Thanks Troy.

I've been a model/performer with Chaos Productions for almost a year now. I specialize in bullwhip stunts (I can crack a cigarette out of somebody's mouth as Tara can attest), straight jacket escapes, and glass walking (when Tim TV's not busy doing that). Here are two of my favorite pics from Chaos, the first being a studio photo shoot (image by Kamal), and the second being a Noir Leather sponsored "Hellbound" show at The Labyrinth (image by Kamal, makeup by Sarah).
fetish.jpgfreaky.jpg
You may have seen me dancing away at City Club wearing the first outfit. Unfortunately I don't own many club and/or fetish clothing. I'm hoping to remedy that, but I'm broke and always seem to have something better to spend my money on. ::sigh::

That's all I can think of for now. I suppose you can get the rest of the info about me from my bio and if you have any questions, ask away. I'm not shy.

~The guy I couldn't remember from the CXS concert was Slingerlandstyx.

~I'm still at Walgreens though I haven't been on nights in over 6 years. I finally have a pretty set schedule. Tues-Sat, 8-4, except on truck day which changes after every holiday, but it's once a week from 5am-2pm. Ugh. I need to get my resume together and find a new job.

~Chaos Productions isn't as prolific as they once were and I don't do much with them anymore, but occasionally I will help them out with an event such as last year's Exotica when I did a whip demonstration.

~I've put on 25 pounds since those pics were taken. 10 pounds of muscle and I was looking good. Then I got married and put on 25 pounds of fat. I've lost 10 of those fat pounds. I'm trying to lose 10 more and turn the remaining 5 into muscle.

~My wardrobe has significantly increased, though I really don't go to City anymore to show it off. It's just changed so much and not the same club I fell in love with in 1997. Necto is too far a drive so I've never been there. Mephistos was my favorite club but they've been closed forever and all the rumors I've heard about them reopening will never come true. Maybe I'll check out Smalls one of these nights for Industrial's Not Dead.

~That's about all I can think of. Any questions?