The Official DGN Pity Party Thread!!!

phee

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
16 hours ago, kat said:

I have no money. I have no boobs. My life is always in the toilet and nobody loves me.

Hey... you have boobs, I think autocorrect got you there, its BOOKS you are low on i think.  And WTF a lot of people love you, me too.  Problem is hiding out tends to re-inforce these kinds of feelings (I have them a lot) have to force myself to be social. Its difficult , but it distracts me from the negative feelings and over time you open up more possibilities due to more social connections. 

Having this "broke loser just sucking down air" plus the "none one gives a damn about the various DGN "things" ('House Spiral') is especially crappy feeling because I feel like that's probably the only (sort of) productive things I do (and they take a lot of energy) feeling is really crappy.  I fight it constantly, which is in itself exhausting, but I try.  I am getting tired of it though.   I gotta stop comparing myself to the pre-car accident troy.  That's just not realistic. 

5 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

Having this "broke loser just sucking down air" plus the "none one gives a damn about the various DGN "things" ('House Spiral') is especially crappy feeling because I feel like that's probably the only (sort of) productive things I do (and they take a lot of energy) feeling is really crappy.  I fight it constantly, which is in itself exhausting, but I try.  I am getting tired of it though.   I gotta stop comparing myself to the pre-car accident troy.  That's just not realistic. 

You're  not a loser. You are a great friend who actually CARES about the rest of us. Your a loving, caring, and devoted son who actually values your family and who has strength in times where a lot of people would fall apart or use poor coping skills to handle the trauma that you have experienced. 

I love what you said about comparing yourself to old Troy. I dp this with myself. ..specifically pre divorce Kat...she was superwoman but she didn't even know how to breathe or pay attention...but she knew how to be appear almost perfect to everyone else. I believe that sometimes we ignore the signs of what lead us to the right path, maybe that's why alot of us feel lost or like something is "off" in our life and maybe need a little more of a reminder by the creator or wherever our faith is strong personally.  

16 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

What's a bank account?

Isn't that like one of those claw machines?  You know we're you put a little something in thinking it will be worth it and that small investment will one day earn you the giant sponge Bob only to find out the giant sponge Bob is not really accessible to anyone else except the bank guys.  You end up with a little baseball squish toy but just when you think you have earned a little something the claw drops it back to the bank guys stash. 

Or something like that. 

1 minute ago, kat said:

Isn't that like one of those claw machines?  You know we're you put a little something in thinking it will be worth it and that small investment will one day earn you the giant sponge Bob only to find out the giant sponge Bob is not really accessible to anyone else except the bank guys.  You end up with a little baseball squish toy but just when you think you have earned a little something the claw drops it back to the bank guys stash. 

Or something like that. 

Yeah, that does sound about right.

On 12/16/2016 at 0:51 AM, Scary Guy said:

Grandpa's got cancer again.  I highly doubt life extension technologies will be here in time to save him.  As I grow older the world changes, but not always for the better.

Well, at least he's still here... for now :(

When my mom got cancer, 1989.. she had every reason to fight. She had children she adored, married to a man who worshipped her, paid off house, so she fought like hell. Took rounds of chemo, got an implant to house a needle for a lifetime without getting necrosis..yada yada.

When my grandmother.. who watched my mom's battle, got cancer.. like 1993.. she refused any treatment. She had nothing to fight for, asshole granddaughters (my sis and I) and a son she hadn't talked to for decades.

I have a friend, a little older than I, came down cancer..John knows him..he plans to refuse treatment. He's seen how this usually goes, and has no interest but.. he also has no kids, wife, career.. I'm dying, myself.

I quit smoking, I pulled back on drinking.. {What killed my folks} Not for me, but for my kids. They didn't ask for that, like my sister and I didn't want it. Sadly (?) I came down with MS. First in my family. I am fighting, for the kids. They need me like I needed my mom, but smoking took precedence. I chose to bring them here, it was my fault. I owe it to them to not check out without a war.

I wish for your grandpa the best quality of life possible for as long as he wants it. *hugs* Find peace with it.