• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 10:01 PM, Troy Spiral said:

Good example of how its easy especially for newbies to miss a post.  we really need to PM newbies about their welcome posts.  (I have no excuse lol) 

Yes...although I do not normally PM people when they have a birthday page, I have informed you that I always PM every new person when they have a "Welcome" page.  All except one has revisited the board since their Welcome PM, but only 2 actually posted on their pages.  However, all who have returned, have board activity which is what I felt counted more.

:biggrin:

12 hours ago, TronRP said:

Yes...although I do not normally PM people when they have a birthday page, I have informed you that I always PM every new person when they have a "Welcome" page.  All except one has revisited the board since their Welcome PM, but only 2 actually posted on their pages.  However, all who have returned, have board activity which is what I felt counted more.

:biggrin:

Thanks for trying.  :)
It's a long, frustrating process.  Doesn't get any easier until the 'ghost town' aspect goes away.  (Once the board gets to the point were there is almost always at least 1-2+ online) Its still a lot of work even then, but that is when the promotion/encouragement efforts start to pay off and the board, due to activity starts to "sell itself".  

On 2/8/2018 at 12:26 AM, Trene4000 said:

Happy birthday!!!

large.cat-eats-out.jpg.b4158f79a03751d60

I hope you had fun!

I did thank you.  :) My birthday consisted of the gathering, and I did have fun.  I'm new to this "birthday" thing.  Last year at the gathering was the closest thing to a 'birthday party" I've ever had.