So what are your Fav Bands???

My favorite bands are A Perfect Circle/Cheville/Demon Hunter/Volbeat/Five Finger Death Punch/Skillet/Rob Zombie/Type O Negative/She Wants Revenge/Egypt Central/Placebo/In This Moment/Starset/MachineHead/ RadioHead/Insucubus/Korn/ Marylin Manson/Bring Me The Horizon/Evesance/Gemini Syndrome/The Kills/Hollywood Undead/Slipknot/Depache Mode/Nirvana/Of Monsters And Of Men/Highly Suspect/The Blacks/The National/Cage The Elephant/The Silver Sun Pickups/Panic At The Disco/Breaking Bejamine/Ghost.                                 I think forgot some will post more.

Edited by DevilishLustyDesires
Spelling Error

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ignoring anything that has come out in the last 5 ish years (that stuff might turn into nothing that I forget about)...

Also, have to take into account since high school I taught myself to not give a damn about what is 'new' just what is 'good'...  and since there are hundreds of years of music, there is almost zero chance that new stuff is better than "the best music in history' and I went from that premise since I was about 17, so very little of my favorite music is music that is 'new' as that is a CRAP pond to fish in 'all of musical history' is a much better pond.  

Hrmm... like picking a favorite ball. 

VNV Nation - seriously go listen to "Beloved" 

Bauhaus - The first 'full' goth band.  Plenty of good songs, but also a ton of "experimental" stuff that is not easy to like if you arent used to it.  Despite that its sort of required listening just due to their pedigree. 

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Hard not to like, strangely I only ever see her on women's lists of fav bands, have yet to ever see another male list this. 
Stellastarr (Especially the album "Harmonies for the Haunted")

Peter Murphy - The now solo lead singer of Bauhaus.  When this guy dies its gonna be rough. 

Ozzy Osbourne - Thinking person's metal. 

They Might Be Giants - Love how its catchy, adult-friendly ( doesn't insult your intelligence) and educational)

Nirvana

The Sisters of Mercy* (Temple of Love is a first listen for people just now exploring this band) most of the songs are pretty deep. 

Apoptygma Berzerk - so many good songs its hard to suggest one.  

Johnny Cash

Irving Berlin

The Who

The Doors (the first band to be called "gothic" although it doesn't sound gothic hardly at all except for a few songs)

*belongs on all lists.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is going to be a long list but here it goes:

Assemblage 23

Rammstein

Neurotic Fish

ES23

Gothminister

Sisters of Mercy

Heimataerde

Abney Park

Coldplay

Enya

Loreena McKennit

Acretongue

Gary Numan

Adrian Von Ziegler

Anilah

Dargaard

Arcana

Apoptygma Berzerk

VNV Nation

Blutengel

Autumn Tears

Diary of Dreams

Diorama

Beborn Beton

Seraphim Shock

The Cruxshadows

London After Midnight

Bella Morte

Calabrese

The Birthday Massacre

Carfax Abbey

Clan of Xymox

Sigur Ros

Coma Alliance

Thyx

Mind.in.a.Box

Covenant

Daft Punk

Nosferatu

Electrovot

Enigma

Enigma TNG

Espermachine

Faderhead

Gorillaz

Grendel

Infected Mushroom

Shpongle

Ivardensphere

Kill Shelter

Leather Strip

Ludovico Technique

Mondtraume

Nox Arcana

Peter Gundry

Rave the Reqviem

Power Wolf

Razed in Black

Roger Shah

Funker Vogt

Type O Negative

3Teeth

So there is a lot more but I think that covers and good amount, yes it does seem like a bit of a bipolar mix but I enjoy a lot of different styles.  I also enjoy classical. That in itself is another list.