Transforming Veritech

• 4 months later...

That is cool.  (was a huge fan for years, haven't followed it  the last decade or so, not even sure if it's still a thing).   I used to even play the Robotech RPG.  Had a lot of the figures and such.  Was bummed when I found out "Robotech Masters" and "The New Generation" wasn't originally intended to be connected since I thought the Invid were the coolest bad guys (red crab looking guys) after the Zentradi's war machine/mech things. 

The last I remember there was the non-transforming SDF-3 was the REF's flagship (I don't know what happened to the SDF2 its like they just skipped a number).

3 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

Considering I told you I posted it and Trene saw it I have no idea how you missed it.   Ha ha ha

Yeah, I remember you said you posted it back then, but I never received a notification for where on the board it was posted.  That was during the time all of my messages were going into my junk folder due to an upgrade that had taken place with the board software.  I just found it due to a notification I received after Troy posted here.

But that was still cool.

:biggrin:

Just now, TronRP said:

Yeah, I remember you said you posted it back then, but I never received a notification for where on the board it was posted.  That was during the time all of my messages were going into my junk folder due to an upgrade that had taken place with the board software.  I just found it due to a notification I received after Troy posted here.

But that was still cool.

I think I just answered my own question...:blink:

Just now, TronRP said:

But that was still cool.

I just needed to bust your chops so to speak.

1 minute ago, Draco1958 said:

I just needed to bust your chops so to speak.

I was just surprised because I am usually all over the board looking at everything old and new.  So when something like this gets by me, it takes me back a bit...

*shakes fist at notifications setting*

On 12/24/2017 at 5:29 AM, Troy Spiral said:

That is cool.  (was a huge fan for years, haven't followed it  the last decade or so, not even sure if it's still a thing).   I used to even play the Robotech RPG.  Had a lot of the figures and such.  Was bummed when I found out "Robotech Masters" and "The New Generation" wasn't originally intended to be connected since I thought the Invid were the coolest bad guys (red crab looking guys) after the Zentradi's war machine/mech things. 

The last I remember there was the non-transforming SDF-3 was the REF's flagship (I don't know what happened to the SDF2 its like they just skipped a number).

Moe played Robotech too..💀

• 2 months later...

That is cool. 

I was just thinking about all the OTHER 'military vehicles" that there are in Macross, I mean there is a TON but they don't ever seem to get much screen time.  I used to have a book that had all the mechs and like half the book was non veritech fighters that were like walking artillery or machine guns that I was fascinated by.  I'm not even sure what they were called. 

Battletech wins the 'variety of mechs' battle but they just don't have the cool style that Robotech (and Gundam) mechs have. 

5 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

That is cool. 

I was just thinking about all the OTHER 'military vehicles" that there are in Macross, I mean there is a TON but they don't ever seem to get much screen time.  I used to have a book that had all the mechs and like half the book was non veritech fighters that were like walking artillery or machine guns that I was fascinated by.  I'm not even sure what they were called. 

Battletech wins the 'variety of mechs' battle but they just don't have the cool style that Robotech (and Gundam) mechs have. 

FASA, the creator of the Battletech RPG got sued by Harmony Gold because some of the mechs used were taken from Robotech/Macross.  The marauder, rifleman, archer and warhammer just to name 4 came from Robotech.  When Harmony Gold brought Macross to the U.S. they saw how similar the three Macross series were so they decided to give them continuity.  I agree, the Invid were the best villians.  I used to have several of the toys from the Invid series but had to sell them to try to raise cash before I lost my house to the bank.  I had the red and green alpha fighters, the giant SDF-1, the red and purple Invid and a few figures.  I still have the Rick Hunter figure.  I wish I hadn't sold them.  The guy buying them ended up screwing me over and I hardly got anything for them.  I miss my Robotech toys.

• 1 month later...

Currently running a variant Robotech game (started out with Palladium rule, been in Pathfinder/OGL for a while, about to head back to Palladium rules).  Got the whole boxed set of DVD's, including Shadow Chronicles, Love Live Love, and the Sentinels.  Recently attended the Palladium Books Open house (even though I work for Palladium's competition, TriTac Games).  Wtih PB losing the Robotech license, I fear for the fandom......

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, Troy Spiral said:

Troy the SDF2 was destroyed with the SDF1 at the end of the Macross series when Khyron slammed his cruiser into them in the lake on earth