What Would You Attempt If You Knew You Would Not Fail?

Trene4000

Pretty much whatever I wanted.

I'd ask out that girl I like...  again.

I'd start a nightclub and revitalize the goth scene.

I'd run for president and then abolish the position when I became president.

I'd hit dead center of the bullseye of the target at the range.

I'd be able to explain simple concepts to people, and they'd actually get it!

All of my inventions and software ideas would be a thing.  Movies ideas too.

I'd solve all the worlds problems and issues.

(you didn't specify we had to pick just one thing, but if we did then I'd settle for the first one).

I'd open a pet store that has a no-kill shelter attached so people could adopt cats and dogs (and whatever else we had up for adoption) instead of buying from breeders in the same place they buy pet supplies.

I'd go surfing.

I'd learn to do coding.

I'd change my life.

I'd make stuff to sell on Etsy.

I'd get healthy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I read this post a little differently just now.  It's not worded as "what is it that you would want to do"  it says "what would you do" which sounds like "how would you do it"  or "what would you do to get there".

So we have any interest/job idea.

But how do we become successful at it?  There are a hundred details but the magic word is GRIT.

Grit - An age-old term but now a specific word to psychology with a specific meaning.  That meaning is to oversimplify, passionate persistence over a long period of time. 

Not being just passionate.  That burns out often.  Not just persistent, that also ends.  But the really successful people have grit -  passionate persistence over a LONG period of time.  That doesn't mean months, that means years and decades. 

Einstien wasn't nessisarly the smartest guy, undoubtedly smart.  But there are a ton of smart people that are passionate about things.  Long-term focus on one thing until you get it right, regardless of the time investment.  All we see is OMG the guy is a genius!!  We don't see the years and years of hard work.  It's not something you are born with, its something you bust your butt to get to.  But from the outside, it seems like some magical thing that you have some superhuman ability to do. Because all we see is the end product. 

05410510.jpg.238.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 7:20 PM, Troy Spiral said:

I read this post a little differently just now.  It's not worded as "what is it that you would want to do"  it says "what would you do" which sounds like "how would you do it"  or "what would you do to get there".

So we have any interest/job idea.

But how do we become successful at it?  There are a hundred details but the magic word is GRIT.

Grit - An age-old term but now a specific word to psychology with a specific meaning.  That meaning is to oversimplify, passionate persistence over a long period of time. 

Not being just passionate.  That burns out often.  Not just persistent, that also ends.  But the really successful people have grit -  passionate persistence over a LONG period of time.  That doesn't mean months, that means years and decades. 

Einstien wasn't nessisarly the smartest guy, undoubtedly smart.  But there are a ton of smart people that are passionate about things.  Long-term focus on one thing until you get it right, regardless of the time investment.  All we see is OMG the guy is a genius!!  We don't see the years and years of hard work.  It's not something you are born with, its something you bust your butt to get to.  But from the outside, it seems like some magical thing that you have some superhuman ability to do. Because all we see is the end product. 

05410510.jpg.238.jpg

So if I'm reading this properly, you are saying that you would attempt to be an Entrepreneurial Genius...?

• 3 weeks later...

I would go to school to become a english professor and art teacher.   Open my own art gallery/tattoo shop and coffee shop and open up a burlesque dance club and dance studio.                                           Write my horror books and publish them with my own publishing company and travel the world tattooing people and writing about the paranormal so I can  teach people about it                    using my own books inside of my classroom.

Edited by DevilishLustyDesires
Spelling Error

• 4 months later...