The Gathering 68

The Gathering 68 

The Red Apple Restaurant & Inn  

32711 Michigan Ave, Wayne, MI 48184 <--- Directions via Google

7:30 Thursday, June 29th.

Really Big Sign Hard to miss.  

A casual dinner time gathering in a "Denny's like" environment. 

Club Attire Encouraged but not Required

GLBT, Fashion Models, Cosplayers  Goths, DGNers, Ex DGNers Re-Goths, Goths for a day, Horror Movie and Sci Fi (especially SW, ST, BSG and GoT ofc fans.) MTG players. Ingressers.

The spiritually inclined, Science & History buffs. General weirdos.

Totally normal open minded people. 

All welcome. 

Like all DGN events this is NOT particularly kid friendly*. 

Hope to see you there! Please invite any and all you think might be REMOTELY  interested!

House Spiral.png

Bring a good attitude! Please help Invite! If you want a card ask!  If you really want one ask here in this topic. 

*like DGN itself , this is not "kid friendly". You can bring them but No F-Bombs will be held back.  No sexual innuendos (or straight up sex talk) will be spared.  If you can't get a sitter and your kids are not SUPER well behaved leave them in a kennel at home with food & water. 

This is NOT the place to post about how you're going somewhere else , or doing something else or intentionally not coming or some other BS.  Thanks. 

That being said, Please help us get the word out!

Looking forward to seeing you!

If you would like one of our weekly "The Gathering" cards (Some Examples). Ask in person at The Red Apple <--- key step. 

*If you really want to make sure you get one. Just ask here (not in the FB page, that will be futile) and make sure you show up before me.   Some time after I walk in the door and whoever has asked for a card (here) has priority. **

Cards Fine Print

**If for some reason there are not enough cards to go around  (There are typically only 7)

1.  Ask at the gathering for a card (first come first serve, with the below exceptions)

2. If your name is not in this topic I'll hold off until someone who does have their name IS in this topic asks for a card. 

3. Asking in this topic means you have priority over someone who has not, everyone that asks here (should) get one before someone who has not.

4. I'll hold one for Permanent Benefactors until it's clear they aren't coming if they've asked here.  (If you are unsure what this is don't worry about it or have a look here)

5.  If you've asked here, just ask at the gathering and you should get a card with no problem. 

6.  The order in which you ask here is vaguely "sooner you ask the higher priority" but is very hard to keep track of.  If you wait until less than 24 hours before the event you risk not getting a card.

I make one for everyone that asks here. +2 extra typically but not always the extras vary.

No one owns (except Permanent Benefactors) a particular card. Hopefully if you slacked off or there is a screw up you can just trade for a particular card if you end up not getting it the one you wanted.'

Corporate summary:  Take the whole 2 minutes and ask. If it's not worth two minutes, you don't really want one.

Hopefully none of the above will be necessary as everyone that wants a card IS GOING TO SAY THEY WANT A CARD HERE RIGHT?  lol

Hopefully none of the above will be super necessary and there will never be any drama over the theoretically "for fun" cards.  (there never has been)   :)   But please request a card HERE if you want one.

If this thread is for The Gathering 68 at The Red Apple Restaurant on June 29th at 7:30pm then I plan on being there and if all is well, I should have the Monchichis in tow.

I am requesting a card please and thank you. :biggrin:

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:42 AM, TronRP said:

If this thread is for The Gathering 68 at The Red Apple Restaurant on June 29th at 7:30pm then I plan on being there and if all is well, I should have the Monchichis in tow.

Agreed altho repeating 67 would be fine since it was a good night.  As for 77, well that is 10 weeks away so I can't say for sure just yet.  However I shall be at Gathering 68 and would like a card.

Whatever the fuck it's called I plan on going.  There's also a maybe new goth night in Yipsi that I plan on going to afterward (maybe).

The Phoenix has taken our goth nights and reduced them to one night a month instead of two.  That probably means I'll be spinning less there, but I'll be able to make more of these at least.

I sadly will not be there. If my body can handle it I am going back to work. If not I will be at home recovering from the small stroke I had on Saturday still. I'm trying to take it super easy for now. Hope everyone has fun though. Hope to make it to another after I'm better. 

8 hours ago, Scyko Kitten said:

I sadly will not be there. If my body can handle it I am going back to work. If not I will be at home recovering from the small stroke I had on Saturday still. I'm trying to take it super easy for now. Hope everyone has fun though. Hope to make it to another after I'm better. 

No worries Sweet Pea, you concentrate on getting better and we'll see you when we see you...

snoopy_happy_dance 051613.jpg

15 hours ago, Scyko Kitten said:

Stroke?  Wow, you should be too young for that shit.  Hope you're alright.

There are ways to mitigate future ones.  I'm sure you've seen a doctor and he went over that though.  Just get better soon.

5 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Stroke?  Wow, you should be too young for that shit.  Hope you're alright.

There are ways to mitigate future ones.  I'm sure you've seen a doctor and he went over that though.  Just get better soon.

I was kept in the hospital because I accepted a treatment for it since I was gotten to the hospital within 3 hours of the on set. I'm continuing to see a doctor but I shouldn't have another one. Now it's just about recovering. Thankfully the one I had didn't do to much damage. 

On 6/24/2017 at 2:34 AM, TronRP said:

Yeah...I really don't know how to call this one...:blink:

large.594e076355943_DGNForumTheGathering

On 6/24/2017 at 2:42 AM, TronRP said:

Thank you.  

On 6/25/2017 at 4:22 AM, Draco1958 said:

Agreed altho repeating 67 would be fine since it was a good night.  As for 77, well that is 10 weeks away so I can't say for sure just yet.  However I shall be at Gathering 68 and would like a card.

Hah. should  remember that.  1977 is the Star Wars start date.  To bad I didn't remember Star Trek at 66.

On 6/25/2017 at 0:18 PM, Scary Guy said:

Whatever the fuck it's called I plan on going.  There's also a maybe new goth night in Yipsi that I plan on going to afterward (maybe).

The Phoenix has taken our goth nights and reduced them to one night a month instead of two.  That probably means I'll be spinning less there, but I'll be able to make more of these at least.

Positive and Negative.  I'll try to just focus on the positive. :) 

On 6/25/2017 at 7:24 PM, Moe Falcon said:

No reason I won't be able to make it! See y'all Thursday! :happy: Oh, and I've already missed a card, so if they exist, can I please have one?

On 6/25/2017 at 8:38 PM, Trene4000 said:

Depending upon how my doctor appointment goes on Thursday afternoon, I may be there and I am requesting a card, please. Thank you.

On 6/26/2017 at 9:55 PM, sekhmet2002 said:

I will be there and am requesting a card, please. :)

*hopes that all goes as planned*

23 hours ago, Scyko Kitten said:

Sorry to hear this.  They aren't sure what happened to me exactly , ended up with brain damage.  Had to re-learn how to speak and walk.  Its really frustrating.  I've tried to go back to work 7 times, hopefully you have a much better time of it.  Hopefully we will see you again at some point.  *positive thoughts* 

Ok this is the last 'im going to hell' card. I can only take so much for the team. Satans huge cock is were I draw the line. 

rps20170628_015217_913.jpg

Doesnt seem to matter what I do the 'i hate everything and 'activities for children' won't resolve at less than like 5mb.

Cards turned out ok though I think.

For the lova christ (ahem) lol...if you want a card request one. @RosyBlue @LadyFreak + Others. 

Sorry about last week @Draco1958 did you end up getting a card? I probably wont see your reply in time but Ill come up with one the week after if I can remember.

On 6/27/2017 at 0:01 AM, Scyko Kitten said:

Was it a TIA? My mom had lots of those. They always scared me. I hope your recovery is quick and that you never have to deal with it again.

I'll be there and would like a card please.

3 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

Ok this is the last 'im going to hell' card. I can only take so much for the team. Satans huge cock is were I draw the line. 

rps20170628_015217_913.jpg

Doesnt seem to matter what I do the 'i hate everything and 'activities for children' won't resolve at less than like 5mb.

Cards turned out ok though I think.

For the lova christ (ahem) lol...if you want a card request one. @RosyBlue @LadyFreak + Others. 

Sorry about last week @Draco1958 did you end up getting a card? I probably wont see your reply in time but Ill come up with one the week after if I can remember.

Scyko Kitten gave me the card she was given.

9 hours ago, RosyBlue said:

Was it a TIA? My mom had lots of those. They always scared me. I hope your recovery is quick and that you never have to deal with it again.

I'll be there and would like a card please.

Oh my gosh! I thought this was from my sister until I saw the request for a card. I was thinking, "she already asked for one". Then I scrolled up. TIA is unnerving to see so I understand.

On 6/27/2017 at 0:01 AM, Scyko Kitten said:

large.b5d219349e0e586605ccd1bdd5ac71bd--

2 hours ago, EatAjaxAndDie said:

I might actually go but wouldn't be there till like 830/9. Not sure because I hate going to places by myself and I may not have access to a vehicle.

Some of us don't get there until that time anyways. lol