The Gathering 68

On 6/29/2017 at 0:21 PM, EatAjaxAndDie said:

I might actually go but wouldn't be there till like 830/9. Not sure because I hate going to places by myself and I may not have access to a vehicle.

You mean like... the same time I usually get there , despite my best efforts? hehe. 

20 hours ago, TronRP said:

...Not sure what to do with the size of the photos.  Do I just post as is....don't want any more postage stamp incidents...:hrhr:

Open the files in Paint (or download GIMP / paint.net which are both great free image editing programs) and check the resolution (size/dimensions).  You can increase the size in any of those by either inches, centimeters, or pixels (or a percentage of the original size too).  Each program works slightly differently but they aren't too hard to get into (I taught myself and I'm sure you're smarter than I am.  Failing that there is always youtube as well).

7 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Open the files in Paint (or download GIMP / paint.net which are both great free image editing programs) and check the resolution (size/dimensions).  You can increase the size in any of those by either inches, centimeters, or pixels (or a percentage of the original size too).  Each program works slightly differently but they aren't too hard to get into (I taught myself and I'm sure you're smarter than I am.  Failing that there is always youtube as well).

In posts for "The Gathering 62", not sure if you remember I stated that's what I did.  You had suggested that I needed a "better camera".  I said I had resized the images because they were (what I thought) huge.  Your post implied that I had resized them too small as you then stated you had "cable and lots of space" and the gif of the dude with the tiny piece of paper...which is still never not funny....lol.

The older versions of the board had coding allowing for images, regardless of size, to automatically resize to a preprogrammed "fit" into the post.  Then once you clicked it, you could download the originally posted image at full size.  That made it a no brainer for me to post images before.  But now I walk a fine line of what looks ok on my screen vs. what looks ok on someone else's screen.

4 hours ago, TronRP said:

In posts for "The Gathering 62", not sure if you remember I stated that's what I did.  You had suggested that I needed a "better camera".  I said I had resized the images because they were (what I thought) huge.  Your post implied that I had resized them too small as you then stated you had "cable and lots of space" and the gif of the dude with the tiny piece of paper...which is still never not funny....lol.

The older versions of the board had coding allowing for images, regardless of size, to automatically resize to a preprogrammed "fit" into the post.  Then once you clicked it, you could download the originally posted image at full size.  That made it a no brainer for me to post images before.  But now I walk a fine line of what looks ok on my screen vs. what looks ok on someone else's screen.

"if you remember" my problem is I never do, and if I do it's probably something that I don't really need to remember.

Anyway you could try uploading them to a free image hosting service and just link that here.  Or upload them to a personal album of yours and link that album here.  Either should fix that issue.

Or maybe Troy needs to look into the code and change the sizing restrictions because it's not 2005 anymore and they look small even on my smartphone (which has a better resolution than my main system does!)

Yeah, now those look great!  However they do take up a lot of space in a post, which is partly why I said they'd be better suited to an album that is linked in the post.  Takes up WAY less space and the DGN album can always use new content.