R.I.P. Adam West

TV's original Batman has passed away at the age of 88 after a short fight with leukemia.  I was 8 years old when the Batman series started on January 12, 1966 which was my birthday.  It was supposed to start in September but the studio decided it wanted the series to premiere in January.  Since it was supposed to be an hour long show but ABC only had 2 open spots, both being 30 min time slots they decided to split each episode in half.  This created the same bat time, same bat channel episode ender for the first half.  This show was a big part of my childhood and Adam West became a childhood hero.  So today I lost another part of my childhood.  My one regret is not being able to go to Motor City Comic Con the year both Adam West and Burt Ward appeared together.  R.I.P. Adam West, may your memory live on in those who enjoyed the years of entertainment you gave us. 

large.IMG_20170610_145851.jpg.8548c92435

I grew up watching him too. I was shocked to hear he was gone. I wanted to post something yesterday but couldn't deal right then. Our mother introduced us to Batman. We watched the shows together. So many fun and happy memories. My most favorite episode is the one with the bomb, the boat, and the nuns. Although, the Joker surfing is a close second. I loved Eartha Kitt as Catwoman. The Commissioner always looked so serious when he called Batman. So many memories.  

Rest well, Adam West.

We love you.

9 hours ago, Trene4000 said:

large.IMG_20170610_145851.jpg.8548c92435

I grew up watching him too. I was shocked to hear he was gone. I wanted to post something yesterday but couldn't deal right then. Our mother introduced us to Batman. We watched the shows together. So many fun and happy memories. My most favorite episode is the one with the bomb, the boat, and the nuns. Although, the Joker surfing is a close second. I loved Eartha Kitt as Catwoman. The Commissioner always looked so serious when he called Batman. So many memories.  

Rest well, Adam West.

We love you.

Ahh yes, the boat, the bomb, the nuns and the ducks.  That is from the Batman movie.  I bought a copy of the movie a couple months ago.  And the best line is "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb"

1 minute ago, Scary Guy said:

Seems like the obits usually fall in current events.

He got his start as batman but has done so much more after that as well, but mostly I think due to the Batman fame.

Actually he starred in a few westerns plus made appearances on different TV shows.  However it was the Nestlé's Quik commercial that got him the role of Batman.

8 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

Actually he starred in a few westerns plus made appearances on different TV shows.  However it was the Nestlé's Quik commercial that got him the role of Batman.

Yeah, you're right, he had an extensive career both before and after that.  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001842/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1