Im not feeling great (huge shock) but dgn is in need of some badly needed updates and has for awhile. 

As with how these things always seem to go things may get a bit screwy for awhile.

Please post any obvious issues here.  Or even if you just notice a new feature...  I may not.  

6 minutes ago, kat said:

My profile has a new thing called

days won and apparently mine is #69. What do I win? I'm excited and stuff now!

I was just going to say "the 'core' part of the board is updated (lots more to do) but I don't see anything different.   I'll have to check into what that days won thing means... er I DO know what it means I'm just keeping it a secret.. yeah... that's it...

7 minutes ago, Troy Spiral said:

I was just going to say "the 'core' part of the board is updated (lots more to do) but I don't see anything different.   I'll have to check into what that days won thing means... er I DO know what it means I'm just keeping it a secret.. yeah... that's it...

Lmao! I want my prize still, Troy😁

Edited by kat
I never win!

Looking at a well optimized IPB website.... There are actually several (noticeable) updates but this shitty "theme" (sometimes called a skin) we have is squashing much of it.  Quality skins aren't something you can really make yourself anymore (very complex things that never are finished as there are so many elements) unless you want it to be half assed.  Already spent to much money renewing the licences, DGN is almost broke... again.   Will just have to live with  it for now.   Ended up spending 8 bucks out of my bank account (which is fine) just due to how tight the DGN money is. 

Ho Lee Crap  I'm still at the computer.   DIE EVENTS BANNER DIE DIE.  Crazy how hard it seems to be to get rid of that useless thing.... also my papal account is temporarily locked due to it taking money from my bank account (seems to happen like every other time)  probably some security measure.  I either call them, or wait like 2 days and it starts working again.   

Ugh money sucks.   

• 3 weeks later...

There is a bug with the donation tracker thing , its still very useful anyway (not that anyone would notice as it doesn't actually affect the donations themselves at all they work fine) but it SHOULD show a list of "top donors" for the month and then reset. Which would usually just be tron (happy that we have tron, sad that we have to lean on her like that, underappreciated) Which it doesn't.  This was a problem like a year ago , I bitched at the guys that make that addon and the reply was "I promise it will be in the next update, I've been so busy".  lol.  

Ok that was terrible writing there.  I've been consciously trying improve my writing style.  I overuse (brackets) and "quotes" (generally you should just explain why you would have put it in quotes unless its super obvious) I also throw in too many asides mid-thought. 

17 hours ago, kat said:

Mine are going to junk.

See dracos post above, or on some email clients you just slecet some of them and pick "move to: inbox" or some such. Thats problem with your email, I can't do anything about that.  Despite my god-like hacker nerd abilities.  lol 

Also, are they really going into your junk folder or DID they go in your junk folder, like, since a week ago or so have you gotten any? 

2 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

About 10 days ago, I noticed my notifications were going into my Inbox and my Junk Mail folder.  Even after selecting these messages and clicking "Not Junk", only messages from those threads would start going into my Inbox while post from other threads continue to go into my Junk Mail folder.

As I type this, I currently have 31 DGN notifications in my Junk mail.  This current batch has a timestamp starting as of 2:48am on Tuesday morning, July 3rd, but did not show in the box until today.  I have to check and clean out the Junk Mail daily so as not to loses any more posts.

Occaissionally I will find emails from DGN in my junk folder.  I think part of the reason is when a lot of people are posting in a thread and when notifications of posts made to the thread go out, if it has a high number of email addresses on it when sent, spam filters see that as spam/junk mail.

working on a modern skin for the board (the "look" of the board, although its nowadays a lot more involved and not "just a skin")  many of the updates and such are incompatible with the existing skin.   

This takes forever.  Been at it for 4 hours and not even scratched the surface.  (and this is a professional skin, I'm just editing details and it STILL takes forever lol)