Greetings and may I officially Welcome you to DGN!

Please feel free to poke around and join in if you feel so inclined.  And if you should find yourself in any need of assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

large.57969bbd40a64_victoriananimegirlwithparasol072516.jpg

And...per tradition:

*drum roll*

The DGN (welcome) Questions 2.1 ™ ©
Formerly the "S.D.G.N.W.Q.P.S." The Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.7b

Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, dont have the energy for or have covered already. We are just friendly, if a bit nosey. And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed. laugh.gif 

Current location?
Where from?
Gender?
Work?
School?
Kids?
Married?
Single? 
Hobbies?
How Did You Find / hear about DGN?
How did you pick your DGN name?
Other Stuff?

Additional ideas / questions:

Add yourself to the DGN member map!

If you live close enough, are old enough (18+ for City Club) and/or are ever in town you may want to check out:

"DGN Night"

Or you can find out about other events near your area with the

The Events Calender

Some folk also enjoy our random pot of:

Quizzes & Polls !

How did you hear about DGN? Poll

And we can always use help finding new friendly people. Help us out and drag em on over! 
If you have a website / personal journal link to us! wink.gif

On 6/7/2017 at 11:55 PM, TronRP said:

Current location?  Wayne
Where from? Detroit (Warrendale and Mexicantown)
Gender? Male
Work? Cable Guy (Wide Open West)
School? Graduated from St. Frances Cabrini in Allen Park, Associate's Degree in Computer Graphic Design from Schoolcraft College in 2000. Went to EMU for reasons I'm still unsure about for a semester and a half back in 2003
Kids? None of my own
Married? Yes, to Jena
Single? no longer :)
Hobbies? Table-top RPG's, the kinds of board games you find played at gaming Cons, cosplaying, walks in the cemetery (especially really old ones), collecting foreign and old coins (particularly from nations which no longer exist), some pathetic attempts at art, smoking weed, oh and I'm a facebook junkie.
How Did You Find / hear about DGN? I ran into you lot by happenstance one night when Jena and I decided to get dinner at Red Apple on a Thursday. Noticed my old buddy Fr34kL0rd and started chatting. Found out y'all do this weekly so we started making a point of coming since we only live across the street
How did you pick your DGN name? I've been Oz since somewhere around Junior High when people would call me Ozzy on account of my last name and I'd reply "No, there's only one Ozzy. I'm just Oz." The DGN site made me put a third character in there so rather than add another "z" I just put the underscore
Other Stuff? My conservative friends think I'm too liberal, my liberal friends think I'm too conservative, my Christian friends think I'm too pagan, my pagan friends think I'm the coolest Christian they know. I'm a Libra, too. :p 

2 hours ago, Oz_ said:

I used to be in warrendale like every dang week working on a rental my parents had there, but the neighborhood just kept getting worse despite the few old polish people that kept their lawns like emaculate,  they eventually sold that house (I've never made a dime from any of my slave labor heh).  I have an associates in GD, even though I started out as a fine art major and ended up doing IT and then IT management for a living.

I'm obsessed with tabletop stuff, not that I get hardly any chance to play any of it.  Im always looking it up though. I have shit stacked up in my closet I haven't played more than like once.   (Im now obsessed with Drones and have always been obsessed with VR...which I'll never be able to afford.)

A long ago now dead ex (no It wasn't me, it was a car accident) was HUGE into Ozzy and she gave me all his albums, I listened to all of them and then all the sudden I was into ozzy.  (when I was still a DJ I gave her a bunch of CDs of "city club" music and all the sudden shes telling me shes "gothic" not even knowing what that means or the fact that half the stuff is barely under the term goth (although almost anything "darkish" can be) heh. Still am a big ozzy fan but its been a long time since I've listened to it.  Just get overdosed even though you still think something is good. 

I started out in life as a hardcore conservative and was brought up that way, old school christian (evolution is bullshit, the world is gonna end so don't go to college and lose your faith etc.) was in the middle for most of my adult life, but the more recent like anti-reality stuff that conservatives have been pushing is scaring the shit out of me.  One thing I've tried to do forever, is to try and stay calm when discussing that sort of stuff. ITS IMPORTANT.  But people shut down / get all angry and then it becomes pointless.  Thats what the shitbags above all of us want, they don't want us actually figuring anything out and comparing notes. F them.  haha. 

Good to have you on the board.