The Gathering 65

The Gathering 65 at The Red Apple Restaurant & Inn  

32711 Michigan Ave, Wayne, MI 48184 <--- Directions via Google

7:30 Thursday, June 8th.

Really Big Sign Hard to miss.  

A casual dinner time gathering in a "Denny's like" environment. 

Club Attire Encouraged but not Required

GLBT, Fashion Models, Cosplayers  Goths, DGNers, Ex DGNers Re-Goths, Goths for a day, Horror Movie and Sci Fi (especially SW, ST, BSG and GoT ofc fans.) MTG players. Ingressers.

The spiritually inclined, Science & History buffs. General weirdos.

Totally normal open minded people. 

All welcome. 

Like all DGN events this is NOT particularly kid friendly*. 

Hope to see you there! Please invite any and all you think might be REMOTELY  interested!

House Spiral.png

Bring a good attitude! Please help Invite! If you want a card ask!  If you really want one ask here in this topic. 

*like DGN itself , this is not "kid friendly". You can bring them but No F-Bombs will be held back.  No sexual innuendos (or straight up sex talk) will be spared.  If you can't get a sitter and your kids are not SUPER well behaved leave them in a kennel at home with food & water. 

This is NOT the place to post about how you're going somewhere else , or doing something else or intentionally not coming or some other BS.  Thanks. 

That being said, Please help us get the word out!

Looking forward to seeing you!

If you would like one of our weekly "The Gathering" cards (Some Examples). Ask in person at The Red Apple <--- key step. 

*If you really want to make sure you get one. Just ask here (not in the FB page, that will be futile) and make sure you show up before me.   Some time after I walk in the door and whoever has asked for a card (here) has priority. **

Cards Fine Print

**If for some reason there are not enough cards to go around  (There are typically only 7)

1.  Ask at the gathering for a card (first come first serve, with the below exceptions)

2. If your name is not in this topic I'll hold off until someone who does have their name IS in this topic asks for a card. 

3. Asking in this topic means you have priority over someone who has not, everyone that asks here (should) get one before someone who has not.

4. I'll hold one for Permanent Benefactors until it's clear they aren't coming if they've asked here.  (If you are unsure what this is don't worry about it or have a look here)

5.  If you've asked here, just ask at the gathering and you should get a card with no problem. 

6.  The order in which you ask here is vaguely "sooner you ask the higher priority" but is very hard to keep track of.  If you wait until less than 24 hours before the event you risk not getting a card.

I make one for everyone that asks here. +2 extra typically but not always the extras vary.

No one owns (except Permanent Benefactors) a particular card. Hopefully if you slacked off or there is a screw up you can just trade for a particular card if you end up not getting it the one you wanted.'

Corporate summary:  Take the whole 2 minutes and ask. If it's not worth two minutes, you don't really want one.

Hopefully none of the above will be necessary as everyone that wants a card IS GOING TO SAY THEY WANT A CARD HERE RIGHT?  lol

Hopefully none of the above will be super necessary and there will never be any drama over the theoretically "for fun" cards.  (there never has been)   :)   But please request a card HERE if you want one.

Edited by sekhmet2002

Well this started out as a fun idea. Spent more time on these than any previous cards and they look half assed. Scrapped so many Ideas, finally at 7am I just said F it. That brown border are the remaining vestiges of what was meant to be a kitchen table with dice and such.

rps20170607_071723_837.jpg

I thank everyone for putting up with me.  As much as I enjoy getting together with everyone, I still suffer from anxiety as if each time I go is the first time I'm meeting everyone.  It feels stupid weird since I have been going to The Red Apple since March 17, 2016 and officially made The Gathering one week later on March 24th.

Yet, once I get there, I never want to leave...feels like a walking contradiction.

:confused:

I apologize that I usually can't be there until around 9 since even though my work shift officially ends at 7, I'm rarely done by then and still have to make it home from the office. The good thing is that Jena can still get there on time since we live within walking distance of the restaurant.

On 6/7/2017 at 11:00 PM, Oz_ said:

Finally joined the site officially. Would very much like a card.

Yay you made it.  Glad to have ya.  I'm actually doing some Lovecraft research in preparation for making a card... I could just make one, but I'd rather have some clue what I'm talking about if I make it.  hah. 

The easy  military-grade lock way would be to get jenna on here too have her request a card.   (plus this is last weeks thread) The way it goes is   1. People that are there after the first person asks for one (I call this triggering "The Carding" in person + People that asked online  (if this happens before like  8:30 that's a rarity)  2.  People that asked here and I'm almost 100% sure they will show up. (this part is hard as my memory is shit. If I have it clear in my mind I try to hold onto a card for them until like 9- 9:30) 2.  People too lazy to ask here but that asked In person before we run out of cards.  (unless your like... Tron or Shaun (who never shows) that are lifetime benefactors of HS/DGN which trumps all of that. But there are only 4 people on the planet and 1 person realistically that would ever show up.

I've been letting some people slide that have been there since almost (or totally) from the very beginning but once we get a few more people , if they can't be bothered to spend a minute post, I can't be bothered to make cards for them. It's not a huge amount of work or $  but at graphic designer wages (which I have an associates in) and the fact that it does , factoring everything in, cost almost a buck a card...  yeah post if they actually want one.    (eventually I'll reprint them with higher quality laminate for donations but that is a long way off and off the subject hah)

I seem to perpetually get there an hour late (or the intrepid Sekhmet) and people are timid or something so no one asks me half the time until they are leaving. 

On 6/7/2017 at 3:47 PM, CatsEyeOfTheWiccan said:

Anyone I can carpool with? I am in Novi off 96 and Wixom Rd?

Seriously I KNOW there are at least 3 lurkers here and on the FB page from that area.... although come to think of it they all need rides too.  grrr.   Need to just get more people.

On 6/8/2017 at 4:47 PM, Moe Falcon said:

The tribe will be there, love the cards! :jamin

On 6/7/2017 at 11:37 PM, Draco1958 said:

Love this week's card.

Yay  ty!  They should have been better but I ran out of energy/time after scrapping like 3 previous ideas and then not being able to realize 2 more.   

Sorry I missed it (again) but I have a great excuse this time.  I went with a friend to buy another firearm.  Sold my other one to family so I basically upgraded for $100 bucks.

Unless I come into more money and another great $50 off deal I should be at the next one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 0:26 AM, TronRP said:

I thank everyone for putting up with me.  As much as I enjoy getting together with everyone, I still suffer from anxiety as if each time I go is the first time I'm meeting everyone.  It feels stupid weird since I have been going to The Red Apple since March 17, 2016 and officially made The Gathering one week later on March 24th.

Yet, once I get there, I never want to leave...feels like a walking contradiction.

:confused:

The same exact thing happens to me, Tron. It's an odd feeling but always works out in the end.