Greetings and may I officially Welcome you to DGN!

Please feel free to have a look around and join in if you should feel so inclined.  And if you should need any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

large.The_white_rabbit_by_Gothic-Inc_112815.jpg

And...per tradition:

*drum roll*

The DGN (welcome) Questions 2.1 ™ ©
Formerly the "S.D.G.N.W.Q.P.S." The Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.7b

Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, dont have the energy for or have covered already. We are just friendly, if a bit nosey. And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed. laugh.gif 

Current location?
Where from?
Gender?
Work?
School?
Kids?
Married?
Single? 
Hobbies?
How Did You Find / hear about DGN?
How did you pick your DGN name?
Other Stuff?

Additional ideas / questions:

Add yourself to the DGN member map!

If you live close enough, are old enough (18+ for City Club) and/or are ever in town you may want to check out:

"DGN Night"

Or you can find out about other events near your area with the

The Events Calender

Some folk also enjoy our random pot of:

Quizzes & Polls !

How did you hear about DGN? Poll

And we can always use help finding new friendly people. Help us out and drag em on over! 
If you have a website / personal journal link to us! wink.gif

28 minutes ago, superstinger said:

Hello and welcome to our little family.

Keep in mind that you do not have to answer any questions you do not want to.  But do pop your head in from time to time to let us know you're alive.

smeyat 061213.png

Current location? Bloomfield/Pontiac
Where from? Farmington Hills
Gender?  f
Work? HP
Kids? childfree
Hobbies? Paper stars, co-op board games, tabletop rpgs, watching tv shows, "Path of Exile" computer game, swimming, artsy-craftsy stuff, and lots and lots of sleep
Why did you decide to join DGN?  Via: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1143607795650234/permalink/1546817598662583/  For access to http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/profile/40-scary-guy/&tab=node_gallery_gallery
How did you pick your DGN name? Remember those gas station pills, with caffeine and ephedra and iron and ginseng and anything else that might help if you're tired? I LOVED those. Bought them by the case. Superstingers>Minithins imho.

Other Stuff?  At some drug stores, including Rite Aid, behind the pharmacy counter is a non-prescription pill called Bronkaid (not to be confused with any Sudafed variation they also keep back there). Bronkaid + NoDoz = MiniThins. In case anyone else misses the good old days too.

Other Stuff?  I'm that girl drawing on my arm in the corner because I'm just a little shy.

Other Stuff?  I've sorta been wanting to join your club for years.

@superstinger

Thank you for the info.  I must admit, I've never heard of Bronkaid, but I am a NoDoz fan.  So yes, I had to look up Bronkaid...not sure if it's always been this way, but it sells for $35 to $45. :ohmy: Yep, that's a deterrent :hrhr:

I see you mentioned that you have been wanting to join DGN for years...I'm glad you decided to.  This online community is a bit different from the typical forum boards as we try to foster an atmosphere of a low stress, friendly environment.  So I do thank you for joining and we hope to see you around. :biggrin:

Welcome superstinger!

Yay you answered the welcome questions. Nowadays that instead of an upvote on your post there should be like a huge 'whoo hoo aweee yeah' button. Sadly there is not lol.

Im a big tabletop gamer myself although have not played much recently mostly due to health and partly $ issues.

I played path of exile for like 2 years durring beta and a few months after launch. I have one of the founder accounts that changes your name on the fourms and makes your weapons in-game glow white-hot like Stannis Baratheon's lightbringer and gives you a unique pet. Cost hundreds of dollars... this was before i became totally broke / bankruptsy.

Just out of curiosity do you remember how/when you first heard about DGN?

Not to sound like an idiot but do we know each other?

Also if your a gamer and have a decent phone we could use your help here: (click the quote)

Its a fun game well ballanced easy to start. Not nearly as time consuming as say PoE or WoW or something. Matches take 4 minutes or less. Kind of a cross between real-time chess and Magic the Gatheing (greatly simplified).

On the weekend there is a 'clan chest' that gives free stuff, but takes more people than we currently have to max out the goodies.

Regardless hopefully we can trick... er i mean TALK (lol) you into sticking around and throwing your two cents in on a few topics *points all around*

Little bit of a drive from BH but we have a weekly casual gathering in wayne on thursdays if you are interested in such things.

Welcome again. =)

Yay @scary guys post.

• 6 years later...