Just now, kat said:

How deep in Ohio do they anticipate you have to go to see it?

Looking at the map showing the info, pretty much anywhere south of Toledo.  Check your link.  Towards the bottom of the page there is a map showing the coverage area to see the total eclipse.  The outer edge to the total eclipse appears to include Toledo and may cross into Michigan just south of Luna Pier, basically near the Ohio border.

Every year i think maybe THIS year ill be able to go on a trip to see it wherever they are (often they are over the ocean) just the locations being in the US is a little bit of a thing plus one of the areas is national park territory so youd have that 'with nature' (animals get quiet in a goosebumbs sort of way). But guess what... not free. Damn. 

On 5/16/2017 at 5:59 AM, Scary Guy said:

If it's a Wednesday you can go to Bowling Green for their goth night.  It's like the goth version of Russian roulette since there's a 1/7 chance of that happening.

You can see the sight of the massacre while you are there.

Just in case.6a00d8341c2e6353ef01bb097541df970d.jpg

The Bowling Green massacre is a fictitious incident alluded to by U.S. Counselor to the PresidentKellyanne Conway in interviews with Cosmopolitan and TMZ on January 29, 2017, and in an interview on the MSNBC news program Hardball with Chris Matthews on February 2, 2017. Conway cited it as justification for a travel and immigration ban from seven Muslim-majority countries enacted by United States President Donald Trump. 

2 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

Just in case.6a00d8341c2e6353ef01bb097541df970d.jpg

The Bowling Green massacre is a fictitious incident alluded to by U.S. Counselor to the PresidentKellyanne Conway in interviews with Cosmopolitan and TMZ on January 29, 2017, and in an interview on the MSNBC news program Hardball with Chris Matthews on February 2, 2017. Conway cited it as justification for a travel and immigration ban from seven Muslim-majority countries enacted by United States President Donald Trump. 

Oh, I was thinking Kent State for some reason.

I forgot about this alternative fact.  At least I might be able to go look at the sign someone made.

4 hours ago, sekhmet2002 said:

Very interesting. I would love to see this. I saw one as a child but barely remember it. Seeing it as an adult would be great.

I recorded it with an RCA camcorder one year.  Burned in the lens but that eventually healed and went away.  Had a welding mask so that worked out okay.

• 1 month later...

Here's a link to a NASA interactive video of the eclipse.  You can put your zip code or city and state and a mini video will show you how much of the eclipse you will see.  For me in Taylor it will be about 80% to 87% eclipsed.  It will start around 1:04 pm, peak at 2:27 pm and end around 3:48 pm.   IE 11 supports webGL but it wouldn't work.  It did work in Firefox very nicely.

https://eyes.nasa.gov/eyes-on-eclipse-web-app.html

Edited by Draco1958
added info

11 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

IE 11 supports webGL but it wouldn't work.  It did work in Firefox very nicely.

Not surprising at all :D

Anyone still using IE (or Edge for that matter) who doesn't need to for work (because some idiots don't support the other better browsers) need to get wise to Firefox and Chrome, or literally any other web browser out there.  At this point I feel like elinks would work better (which you can run natively in windows 10 now under the Linux subsystem, neat!)

This should be a bigger deal than say...  the next time some band comes to town, we just as a species and especially as americans don't give that much of a shit about non-near pure entertainment, entertainment.

For the first time in U.S. history, a total solar eclipse that crosses the country from coast to coast will be visible only in America. The rare celestial spectacle in August has been dubbed “The Great American Eclipse.”

Comprehensive Guide

Solar-Eclipse-2017.png

The  white lines show what percentage of totality.  (The red is where it will actually be a total eclipse which is about 67 miles across).  The biggest factor is going to be WEATHER at the local area.   

Monday, August 21, 2017 at 11:46:50 am  - roughly for most people reading this (Eastern Time).

• 1 month later...