On 5/13/2017 at 6:48 AM, Scary Guy said:

This seems to become an annual thing.  

One DGNer was very specific about their feelings regarding this "Holiday".  So I had to investigate why she was so upset.  May 11, 2014, I made the following post regarding Anna Jarvis who was the driving force behind the first Mother's Day observances in 1908.

large.5918ac3e93ef6_mothers-day-anna-jarvis_79524_990x742051114Resized051417.jpg

May 1, 1864 - November 24, 1948

"Mother's Day Turns 100: Its Surprisingly Dark History"

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/topic/37866-mothers-day-turns-100-its-surprisingly-dark-history/

--------------------------

In 2015 I was almost nervous about making anymore "Mother's Day" posts.  People seemed to be more concerned about the tragedy that befell Madame Jarvis in her never ending quest to have the day abolished more so than the fact of what the holiday actually became to mean outside of the greeting cards and flower sales.

I've just always found it interesting that not too many people become upset or get their noses out of joint regarding  "Father's Day"...but that's just me.

11 hours ago, TronRP said:

This seems to become an annual thing.  

One DGNer was very specific about their feelings regarding this "Holiday".  So I had to investigate why she was so upset.  May 11, 2014, I made the following post regarding Anna Jarvis who was the driving force behind the first Mother's Day observances in 1908.

large.5918ac3e93ef6_mothers-day-anna-jarvis_79524_990x742051114Resized051417.jpg

May 1, 1864 - November 24, 1948

"Mother's Day Turns 100: Its Surprisingly Dark History"

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/topic/37866-mothers-day-turns-100-its-surprisingly-dark-history/

--------------------------

In 2015 I was almost nervous about making anymore "Mother's Day" posts.  People seemed to be more concerned about the tragedy that befell Madame Jarvis in her never ending quest to have the day abolished more so than the fact of what the holiday actually became to mean outside of the greeting cards and flower sales.

I've just always found it interesting that not too many people become upset or get their noses out of joint regarding  "Father's Day"...but that's just me.

Fathers day is the same thing though, just with the other paternal unit.

I try to show them both I love them anyway, and I therefore need no special day to do that.

It's funny though that Father's Day dates back to the middle ages though, which is bullshit too.