Hello everyone.  Newbie here and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my photo to load.  I'm obviously doing something wrong but don't know what? Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Greetings and may I officially Welcome you to DGN!

I see you have already began posting.  I have sent you a message regarding adding a photo.  If you should need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.  And thank you for joining our little family.

large.56855647ccd59_Chibigothgirl123115.jpg

And...per tradition:

*drum roll*

The DGN (welcome) Questions 2.1 ™ ©
Formerly the "S.D.G.N.W.Q.P.S." The Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.7b

Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, dont have the energy for or have covered already. We are just friendly, if a bit nosey. And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed. laugh.gif 

Current location?
Where from?
Gender?
Work?
School?
Kids?
Married?
Single? 
Hobbies?
How Did You Find / hear about DGN?
How did you pick your DGN name?
Other Stuff?

Additional ideas / questions:

Add yourself to the DGN member map!

If you live close enough, are old enough (18+ for City Club) and/or are ever in town you may want to check out:

"DGN Night"

Or you can find out about other events near your area with the

The Events Calender

Some folk also enjoy our random pot of:

Quizzes & Polls !

How did you hear about DGN? Poll

And we can always use help finding new friendly people. Help us out and drag em on over! 
If you have a website / personal journal link to us! wink.gif

On 4/17/2017 at 2:14 AM, Lyriic said:

Hello everyone.  Newbie here and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my photo to load.  I'm obviously doing something wrong but don't know what? Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Forums can be tricky with photos.  I wrote out a detailed thing once to help I think.  Since trying to find that sounds like a lot of not fun I'll just summarize.

Image format can be important.  Should be safe with jpg/jpeg, and maybe gif.  bmp, tga, and png MAY work but I wouldn't count on it.

Size is also important.  I've seen smaller photos but if it's too big and it doesn't know how to crop/resize the image it could also just reject it outright.

If you right click on any avatar image and select "view image" the file extension in the URL bar will tell you the format and it should display the size somewhere as well.  You can edit the size in MS Paint or Photoshop/GIMP if you're fancy.

For example http://www.detroitgothic.net/uploads/av-4589.jpg is the link to Tron's avatar.  It's 75x90 pixels in size (so the max is probably 90x90.)

You may also need to upload it to the server rather than use an off-site avatar link.

Best of luck.  If all else fails feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do.  If you show up at a gathering with a laptop I can probably do it from there too if need be.

I'm a bit confused.  I sent a message to @Lyriic on Monday to try to help with this situation.  I had no idea it was still an issue since I never received a message or a note about it. 

@Lyriic Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

I will PM you again just in case.

I remember in phpBB when working on coffin-talk.net I could edit things in users profiles directly.  It was an absurd amount of power but it was a nice feature to have during times like these.  I'm pretty sure if OP just links a photo they want as their avatar Tron can even take care of it for them assuming this board software gives similar rights to admins/power mods.

9 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

I remember in phpBB when working on coffin-talk.net I could edit things in users profiles directly.  It was an absurd amount of power but it was a nice feature to have during times like these.  I'm pretty sure if OP just links a photo they want as their avatar Tron can even take care of it for them assuming this board software gives similar rights to admins/power mods.

Yeah, but I'm not a Mod nor an Admin...just a nosey busybody that plays with all the bells and whistles each time the board is upgraded.

The cool thing with this last upgrade is the ease of use when changing your profile pic.  From your profile page, just click the the little box in the lower lefthand corner of where your profile pic is/should be and follow the prompts.

:biggrin:

23 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Yeah, but I'm not a Mod nor an Admin...just a nosey busybody that plays with all the bells and whistles each time the board is upgraded.

The cool thing with this last upgrade is the ease of use when changing your profile pic.  From your profile page, just click the the little box in the lower lefthand corner of where your profile pic is/should be and follow the prompts.

:biggrin:

How the hell aren't you a mod?  I think you should be a co-admin at this point damnit.  You're here more than anyone and I think you care about the board as much as Troy does if not more.