Only 375?  Seems kind of light for not posting since 2012 (although I don't know when the last time you logged in/checked e-mail was, and am just going off of current available data.)

Wish I could figure out how to shut the digest off because it bugs me at least once a week.  I'd much prefer no e-mail.

7 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Only 375?  Seems kind of light for not posting since 2012 (although I don't know when the last time you logged in/checked e-mail was, and am just going off of current available data.)

Wish I could figure out how to shut the digest off because it bugs me at least once a week.  I'd much prefer no e-mail.

This might work.  Click on the down arrow next to your name where you sign in.  Then click on manage followed content.  Then pick something listed and click change preferences.  A box will pop up.  Under the first listing, a notification and an email when new content is posted, there will be in red change how the notification is sent.  Click on that and you will be taken to home>notifications>options page.  There you can unclick the options and hopefully that will take care of it for you.  I know that's a lot to do but it is the only way I found to get to that point.  I am sure there is an easier way.

On 4/13/2017 at 5:15 AM, Draco1958 said:

This might work.  Click on the down arrow next to your name where you sign in.  Then click on manage followed content.  Then pick something listed and click change preferences.  A box will pop up.  Under the first listing, a notification and an email when new content is posted, there will be in red change how the notification is sent.  Click on that and you will be taken to home>notifications>options page.  There you can unclick the options and hopefully that will take care of it for you.  I know that's a lot to do but it is the only way I found to get to that point.  I am sure there is an easier way.

I think the preferences is only for that item only.  http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/notifications/options/ is a direct link to notification settings, and there isn't really a way to shut them off without stopping the e-mail AND the icon in the upper left corner on the site (not that I don't check everything anyway, but I like having that icon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/16/2017 at 2:47 PM, Scary Guy said:

I think the preferences is only for that item only.  http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/notifications/options/ is a direct link to notification settings, and there isn't really a way to shut them off without stopping the e-mail AND the icon in the upper left corner on the site (not that I don't check everything anyway, but I like having that icon.

Yeah the two things are linked.  You can turn off email notifications (its a little involved but only the first 2-3 pages matter and you can en-mass disable them.  But That means no notifications at all.   Although a "weekly digest" email can't be much of a burden.  (if you set it that way)

9 hours ago, ZhukovCodeslinger said:

Yes it has :-)  Probably a decade or so since if have been to CC or on DGN... things kind of slip away if you are not paying attention to them.

It's probably been er... a year? Since I was at CC, then maybe 2 years before that.   I had planned on starting to go more again but the damn health BS is frustrating. 

The DGN thing.... you are just one of like 25 couples that have abandoned DGN after either directly or indirectly meeting via the DGN 'cloud' (some from across the country or the world).  Not that I fault anyone for it.  It's just how things are.  I'm used to it.  Used to make me feel bad, but it doesn't do me any good to feel bad about it.  Hell none of the people even TALK to me like in chat or something.  When I started this thing I thought It would help bring people together, just didn't realize it didn't include sticking around or keeping in (easy with modern tech) touch with me myself.  lol   Shoulda made a band, time better spent the last 15 years on that.  Better self respect wise.  =D  hah.

Glad you checked in regardless.  Hope you continue to do well.