I feel another Movie Event Coming On

aliencovenantmain.jpg

Although this time people will ACTUALLY have to pay ahead of time as I doubt we will have  100+ bucks to foot the bill ahead of time, and it needs to be at an assigned seating place otherwise we will be sitting god knows were, defeating most of the point.  This , even though it is in a franchise is like all the movies pretty fully stand-alone.  None of the movies require any understanding of the alien/predator universe.  Unlike say...  harry potter were you are like WTF? every 10 minutes due to some previous movie reference.  I can't even think of any crossover references that matter all crazy minor in the movies and I've watched all (the good ones... aka 3 maybe 4) multiple times.   

Plus this is actually the "First" true Alien Movie timeline wise.   Set before the "first" movie.    Also directed by Ridley Scott so the likelyhood of it  being good is high.    If you wanted to watch them in (chronological) order you'd start with Prometheus and then this movie. 

In case you're unaware the alien franchise started with something that had not really been done before, that is a reasonably large budget, high quality "artsy" horror movie.  Unfortunately after the second film they had mediocre directors directors until the restart recently.

• 4 weeks later...