If the Republican Health Bill Passes I'm Fucked

I just finally got the headache from hell of SSD medicare and at long last JUST qualified for and got me out of the -negative 400 a month to just have to debate between food or gas range.

If the bill passes , poof...I'm fucked. Bye bye medicade. According to our Governor Rick Snyder (a republican who is against the bill) I will no longer qualify for medicade (because I make too much since I actually worked for a living and my disability pay which is shit, is not shitty enough for the new bill. (You get different disability pay based on how much you worked)

I spent months restructuring all these related things and getting rid of some things I can't get back because medicade covers them.

A lowball guess is I'll effectively lose 30% of my already can't really afford gas income.

IMG_1490229868424.jpg

That was put out by the UAW but will work for anyone. You just put in your zip code and it connects you to your particular House Representative. 

I got a text message from the AFL-CIO thankging me for opposing the bill. Sad part was John Conyers inbox was full. 

Strange because even Trump is now saying he doesn't want to cut SSD, SS, Medicare and Medicaid.  As it stands, the bill won't pass the house because of some of the cuts you mentioned.  It is getting too confusing anymore in Washington because they keep changing what they say everytime they are asked a question.  Sad part is is that social security IS NOT a government handout like some people think.  It is a trust fund that is funded by the taxes taken out of our paychecks.  The government was not to be able to borrow from it but somehow someone found a loophole or just ignored the rules and took money from it to balance the budget and fund pet projects.  It is time for Washington to take pay cuts and start returning the money they borrowed.  If our new president wants to prove he is for all the people and not just the rich, then he needs to prove it by fixing, not removing the programs we need to help Americans and quit sending all that money they send overseas.  if he wants us to believe his America first then it is time to put up otherwise he will just prove he is nothing more than an ass who is just as bad if not worse that the career politicians he bitched about.  Which with all the removal of regulations to protect the environment, regulations to get the auto industry to make cars more fuel efficient and others makes the public believe all he is after is to make the rich richer on the backs of the poor.

26 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

Strange because even Trump is now saying he doesn't want to cut SSD, SS, Medicare and Medicaid.  As it stands, the bill won't pass the house because of some of the cuts you mentioned.  It is getting too confusing anymore in Washington because they keep changing what they say everytime they are asked a question.  Sad part is is that social security IS NOT a government handout like some people think.  It is a trust fund that is funded by the taxes taken out of our paychecks.  The government was not to be able to borrow from it but somehow someone found a loophole or just ignored the rules and took money from it to balance the budget and fund pet projects.  It is time for Washington to take pay cuts and start returning the money they borrowed.  If our new president wants to prove he is for all the people and not just the rich, then he needs to prove it by fixing, not removing the programs we need to help Americans and quit sending all that money they send overseas.  if he wants us to believe his America first then it is time to put up otherwise he will just prove he is nothing more than an ass who is just as bad if not worse that the career politicians he bitched about.  Which with all the removal of regulations to protect the environment, regulations to get the auto industry to make cars more fuel efficient and others makes the public believe all he is after is to make the rich richer on the backs of the poor.

Trust fund, correct. I also trust the government to fuck us all over.

1 hour ago, Troy Spiral said:

I just finally got the headache from hell of SSD medicare and at long last JUST qualified for and got me out of the -negative 400 a month to just have to debate between food or gas range.

If the bill passes , poof...I'm fucked. Bye bye medicade. According to our Governor Rick Snyder (a republican who is against the bill) I will no longer qualify for medicade (because I make too much since I actually worked for a living and my disability pay which is shit, is not shitty enough for the new bill. (You get different disability pay based on how much you worked)

I spent months restructuring all these related things and getting rid of some things I can't get back because medicade covers them.

A lowball guess is I'll effectively lose 30% of my already can't really afford gas income.

IMG_1490229868424.jpg

That was put out by the UAW but will work for anyone. You just put in your zip code and it connects you to your particular House Representative. 

I got a text message from the AFL-CIO thankging me for opposing the bill. Sad part was John Conyers inbox was full. 

Gas income??

On 3/22/2017 at 10:43 PM, zurgous said:

Trust fund, correct. I also trust the government to fuck us all over.

This is a opinion even I had for a long time.  But what's really going on is....Its not the government per se.  Its particular jackasses (and unelected billionaire puppet masters who hold the real power) in the government.   The news has us all thinking everyone in the government is corrupt which isn't true.  Its just what sells  what used to be called newspapers so it "feels" like that is all there is in government.  Some people in government actually try to do a good job for "the welfare of the american people".

The rich WANT is to assume the government is worthless , so they can privatize everything (aka take from the taxpayer (that's us) and give to the rich... and nothing really trickles down.  Money gets handed out to the top and stays at the top.   Stab the next person that says trickle down economics works in the face.   That was a concept created specifically to benefit the rich and brainwash the poor and middle class. 

The current administration isn't even Republican.  Its some new kind of money is the only thing that matters party.  Republicans true, traditionally are more about money than democrats , but they still have many perfectly well meaning people.   This Trump administration is just 100% dismantle the government and give it to the rich.  That's the stated goal of  Bannon (chief strategist for the country, also known as "president bannon").  Although he uses an almost meaningless sounding term to describe it "Dismantle the Administrative State".  Which is why they have put in all cabinent positions people who hate the core mission of the agency they are supposed to represent.  Its gross.   Head of the EPA doesn't belive in global warming and is trying to "Reduce burden on business" aka... not do his job.  All of them are like that except the military people, which they need good guys there so they can keep funnelling pointless money into the military industrial conjob. 

3 hours ago, kat said:

Trump is so fulla shit i start chuckling sometimes.  His talk about this bill not passing and all the lie after lie he spewed out was funny if it was so scary due to many people actually believing it.  "Obamacare is going to implode" STFU.  The only reason that would happen is if your TOTAL SHIT appointees destroy the health care budget (which is a stated goal, take from the health department and give to the military straight up), THEY will destroy the health care system.

Funny how he blamed the democrats. Sorry cheeto face, its your fail.  It was pulled so the embarassment wouldn't be so utterly total when we see how piss poor  your control of your party actually is.  Hes so damn transparent its pathetic.  The republicans don't need a single democratic vote to pass their shit.  This was just such a rip off of the american people that some republicans that have a conscience  wouldn't vote for it and others that are controlled by Bob Mercer or the Koch brothers didn't want it becasue its a chance to do a HISTORIC rip off of the american people , and it didn't go far enough so they want another go at it later. 

On 3/22/2017 at 10:44 PM, zurgous said:

Gas income??

Just meaning I have so little income I have to juggle between gas or food.   If that bill would have passed I would have to juggle between ... nothing.    I'd be negative 400 dollars a month (out of 1100).  Due to the cascade effect of losing medicaid and then (instantly adds 200 to my bills) and then other rollover due to this would be another 200 minimum for a decent medigap coverage (which you don't need if you have medicaide)  If I can even make that work, it might be even more.   Its confusing.  I wonder how anyone that isn't a nerd like me figures this shit out. 

I got rid of my good , now impossible to get health coverage due to qualifying for medicaide (which I wouldn't qualify under this BS bill)  there is no plan as good as the one I had it was a "legacy" plan that no longer exists for new applicants.