The Gathering 54 - Help Invite

The Gathering 54 at The Red Apple Restaurant & Inn  

32711 Michigan Ave, Wayne, MI 48184 <--- Directions via Google

7:30 Thursday, March 23rd.

Really Big Sign Hard to miss.  

A casual dinner time gathering in a "Denny's like" environment. 

Club Attire Encouraged but not Required

GLBT, Fashion Models, Cosplayers  Goths, DGNers, Ex DGNers Re-Goths, Goths for a day, Horror Movie and Sci Fi (especially SW, ST, BSG and GoT ofc fans.) MTG players. Ingressers.

The spiritually inclined, Science & History buffs. General weirdos.

Totally normal open minded people. 

All welcome. 

Like all DGN events this is NOT particularly kid friendly*. 

Hope to see you there! Please invite any and all you think might be REMOTELY  interested!

House Spiral.png

Bring a good attitude! Please help Invite! If you want a card ask!  If you really want one ask here in this topic. 

*like DGN itself , this is not "kid friendly". You can bring them but No F-Bombs will be held back.  No sexual innuendos (or straight up sex talk) will be spared.  If you can't get a sitter and your kids are not SUPER well behaved leave them in a kennel at home with food & water. 

This is NOT the place to post about how you're going somewhere else , or doing something else or intentionally not coming or some other BS.  Thanks. 

That being said, Please help us get the word out!

Looking forward to seeing you!

If you would like one of our weekly "The Gathering" cards (Some Examples). Ask in person at The Red Apple <--- key step. 

*If you really want to make sure you get one. Just ask here (not in the FB page, that will be futile) and make sure you show up before me.   Some time after I walk in the door and whoever has asked for a card (here) has priority. **

Cards Fine Print

**If for some reason there are not enough cards to go around  (There are typically only 7)

1.  Ask at the gathering for a card (first come first serve, with the below exceptions)

2. If your name is not in this topic I'll hold off until someone  who does have their name IS in this topic asks for a card. 

3. Asking in this topic means you have priority over someone who has not, everyone that asks here (should) get one before someone who has not.

4. I'll hold one for Permanent Benefactors until its clear the aren't coming if they've asked here.  (If you are unsure what this is don't worry about it or have a look here)

5.  If you've asked here , just ask at the gathering and you should get a card with no problem. 

6.  The order in which you ask here is vaguely "sooner you ask the higher priority" but is very hard to keep track of.  If you wait until less than 24 hours before the event you risk not getting a card.

I make one for everyone that asks here. +2 extra typically but not always the extras vary.

No one owns (except Permanent Benefactors) a particular card. Hopefully if you slacked off or there is a screw up you can just trade for a particular card if you end up not getting it the one you wanted.'

Corporate summary:  Take the whole 2 minutes and ask. If it's not worth two minutes, you don't really want one.

Hopefully none of the above will be nessisary  as everyone that wants a card IS GOING TO SAY THEY WANT A CARD HERE RIGHT?  lol

Hopefully none of the above will be super necessary and there will never be any drama over the theoretically "for fun" cards.  (there never has been)   :)   But please request a card HERE if you want one. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone this week...Missed all of you last week.  This group has become family to me and it means a lot to feel accepted and comfortable with this special group of people.  Thank you Troy for starting and hosting this group, thank you to the Red Apple staff for awesome service and friendliness, and thank you to each member of this group for acceptance and a sense of belonging. 

On 3/20/2017 at 0:44 PM, LadyFreak said:

Looking forward to seeing everyone this week...Missed all of you last week.  This group has become family to me and it means a lot to feel accepted and comfortable with this special group of people.  Thank you Troy for starting and hosting this group, thank you to the Red Apple staff for awesome service and friendliness, and thank you to each member of this group for acceptance and a sense of belonging. 

*hugs*

rps20170322_022048_666.jpg

There are exactly 8 of these as they are printed on the last sheet we have. I didn't want to risk cutting into the 'house spiral' (dgn, the gathering, related) kitty buying more cardstock as we risk being unable to pay a key bill next week if I did that. I'd just buy it myself but I litterally this month cant really even afford gas.

The upside is these are the only card-carrying (clever huh) 'goth cards' I think we have ever had, as such they will be the lowest demand cards so far lol. 

Not planning on it.  I came down with a sore throat and general weakness Tuesday morning that hasn't gone away fully.

Since even if I do feel up to it I don't want to take the chance of a contagion lingering on I'm skipping this week.

That's assuming it doesn't get worse again.  Hopefully this is done by the weekend because I have gigs to go do :/

9 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Not planning on it.  I came down with a sore throat and general weakness Tuesday morning that hasn't gone away fully.

Since even if I do feel up to it I don't want to take the chance of a contagion lingering on I'm skipping this week.

That's assuming it doesn't get worse again.  Hopefully this is done by the weekend because I have gigs to go do :/

Drink hot lemon tea with, if you're not allergic to it, honey and two aspirin. This should help with the throat irritation, any swelling, and fever.

I'll miss seeing you but your health is the most important possession anyone has. Do take care and I hope to see you next week. Good luck on your gig! 

large.GoodLuckAni-Smiley.gif.79701d0b0d3

On 3/23/2017 at 0:43 AM, Scary Guy said:

Sorry to hear.  Sucks.  :(

19 hours ago, Moe Falcon said:

sorry fam, boy needed chest xrays this morning. and I thought to spare you. I'll try to get to you when I can. :cry

I actually was sitting there with this weird feeling like "damn something's not right with this place...."  THERE IS NO MOE!  

3 minutes ago, TronRP said:

@Troy Spiral let me know something after Sunday...

Monday will probably be too late or really really close.  Even if I buy them with my amazon prime 2 day shipping. Might work out.   I found a cheaper price on almost the exact same cards (they are just white &nbsp;(Avery 88220) instead of ivory the way the ones we have been using all along.  Debating just buying them with money I don't have.  Told myself I wasn't going to do that anymore but seems lame to skip a week of cards for some reason. Back when we had extra money I tried to find a way to buy them in bulk for cheaper but no such thing exists as far as I can tell. 

7 minutes ago, Troy Spiral said:

Monday will probably be too late or really really close.  Even if I buy them with my amazon prime 2 day shipping. Might work out.   I found a cheaper price on almost the exact same cards (they are just white &nbsp;(Avery 88220) instead of ivory the way the ones we have been using all along.  Debating just buying them with money I don't have.  Told myself I wasn't going to do that anymore but seems lame to skip a week of cards for some reason. Back when we had extra money I tried to find a way to buy them in bulk for cheaper but no such thing exists as far as I can tell. 

I see where you are coming from, but think about the people you are talking about.  I don't think anyone here would jump on your case for not getting them a free card that you put your effort into making if it got missed one week (heck, if even more than a week).  We've got your back.  Take a break if you need it.  No one is going to storm your castle.  :happy:

...And if they do, you know there are a bunch of us here that have the skill to do crowd control if need be. :evil:

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

I see where you are coming from, but think about the people you are talking about.  I don't think anyone here would jump on your case for not getting them a free card that you put your effort into making if it got missed one week (heck, if even more than a week).  We've got your back.  Take a break if you need it.  No one is going to storm your castle.  :happy:

...And if they do, you know there are a bunch of us here that have the skill to do crowd control if need be. :evil:

hah.   

Its just more of a lets call it , yet another blow to my self esteem (i could do with about 200 less of them lol)  that this is even an issue. For various reasons some real, some bullshit health related / exaggerated. 

6 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

I actually was sitting there with this weird feeling like "damn something's not right with this place...."  THERE IS NO MOE!  

I know.. I usually -am- the 'not right' thing.. Sick brats ruin everything. So we missed. <sigh> I am uniquely distressed about missing you guys.