Molly Dog

We have to put our dog down today. She is 12 years old, has severe   arthritis pain, and now strange  tumors are growing all over her and the vet does not know why.  She is also deaf and has swelling on her shoulder that won't go down. She is in pain every time she walks. We had her since she was a puppy. She has been the best dog ever! She is the kind of dog that you can walk without a leash. She will just walk beside you and listen to your commands.  My husband says he wants another dog someday. But I don't ever want  another one because it hurts too much to say goodbye. And you always have to say goodbye. 

11800125_575350549285083_6350442030679883645_n.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day.  Might be better to have a tortoise, a parrot, or something else that can outlive you.  Of course then there's the possibility that they do outlive you and are sad when you're gone.  I don't wish the pain of loss upon anyone else, but time usually does dull the pain a bit after a while,  at the very least.  However I also think some of us never really get over it either.  I think we're better equipped to deal with it than some animals are too.

Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss.  She seems like she was a very good dog.