Grandpa Died Today

So today, my last grandparent died of lymphoma at 87, in his sleep.  Despite his few faults he was for the most part a great man and the world is lesser without him.  Today marks the first time in my life without any living grandparents.  I fucking hate change, and death.  It's comforting to know when we go we stop existing but it's also still frightening as well.  Despite the pain I feel now I like existing.  Maybe when (if) I get to his age I'll have endured enough of it to finally be ready as well.  Maybe when (if) I make it to that age assisted suicide laws will be sane to where he could have just checked out when he wanted to.  Maybe when (if) I make it to that age we'll have the singularity in place; However that scares me too as I'll have to share eternity with all you assholes ;)

I don't know what else to say so I guess I'll end this here.

Edited by Scary Guy

gallery_4589_1237_750.jpg

Singularity - Who knows...eternity together might not be such a bad thing...at least you would already know what everyone was thinking before they felt they thought it. :happy:

Just be aware of the need to meddle in the lives of other planetary races...

large.58bf743f076c0_Q-StarTrek_TheNextGeneration030717.jpg

:grouphug

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

So today, my last grandparent died of lymphoma at 87, in his sleep.  Despite his few faults he was for the most part a great man and the world is lesser without him.  Today marks the first time in my life without any living grandparents.  I fucking hate change, and death.  It's comforting to know when we go we stop existing but it's also still frightening as well.  Despite the pain I feel now I like existing.  Maybe when (if) I get to his age I'll have endured enough of it to finally be ready as well.  Maybe when (if) I make it to that age assisted suicide laws will be sane to where he could have just checked out when he wanted to.  Maybe when (if) I make it to that age we'll have the singularity in place; However that scares me too as I'll have to share eternity with all you assholes ;)

I don't know what else to say so I guess I'll end this here.

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure your grandad had a well lived life. I can't image all of the amazing things he got to see in his lifetime. Also, Type O rules!

Edited by zurgous

If anyone is interested, the viewing is from 3-9 PM at Hopcroft Funeral Home at the Madison Heights location on John R.  The funeral is the next day at a church called The Woods at the Warren location on 13 Mile Rd. at 10:00 AM.  Can't wait to set foot in a church again :nut

Edited by Scary Guy

• 2 weeks later...