http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/man-shot-at-leland-hotel-in-downtown-detroit-after-arguement

Man shot at Leland Hotel in downtown Detroit after argument

Victim taken to hospital in temporary serious condition

placeholder-16x9.jpg?minifierType=js&lan

A man was shot after an argument at a hotel in downtown Detroit, police said.

Police said the man was shot after he became involved in a confrontation inside the Leland Hotel on Bagley and Cass avenues around 5 a.m. Saturday.

The man was allegedly asked to leave the hotel by security. When he refused to leave, police said someone shot the man.

The man was taken to the hospital where he remains in temporary serious condition.

Police are searching for the shooter.

Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.

On 2/19/2017 at 1:21 AM, Trene4000 said:

Yet one more reason the country will point and say, See how dangerous Detroit is?"

Completely ignoring the fact that NYC and Chicago have just as much if not more shootings and guns are illegal there.  Lots of good those gun control laws are doing.

Anyway, there were no further issues but they still tightened security a bit anyway.  All in all everyone had a safe fun night at the club, per usual.

I like it when things go well.

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

Completely ignoring the fact that NYC and Chicago have just as much if not more shootings and guns are illegal there.  Lots of good those gun control laws are doing.

Anyway, there were no further issues but they still tightened security a bit anyway.  All in all everyone had a safe fun night at the club, per usual.

I like it when things go well.

Glad things went well.

3 hours ago, sekhmet2002 said:

I'm glad it went well. I really was surprised at this. I didn't realize there were so many deaths there. Wow.

Well, this is the most recent shooting in memory.  I'm sure I may have missed some things but I don't remember anyone getting shot in my 15+ years of going.  Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I didn't hear about it.

Still, the building has stood since 1927 and in that time yes, many people died.  Where do you think all the ghost stories originated from?