The Gathering 47

The Gathering 47 at The Red Apple Restaurant & Inn  

32711 Michigan Ave, Wayne, MI 48184 <--- Directions via Google

7:30 Thursday, February 2nd

Really Big Sign Hard to miss.  

A casual dinner time gathering in a "Denny's like" environment. 

Club Attire Encouraged but not Required

GLBT, Fashion Models, Cosplayers  Goths, DGNers, Ex DGNers Re-Goths, Goths for a day, Horror Movie and Sci Fi (especially SW, ST, BSG and GoT ofc fans.) MTG players. Ingressers.

The spiritually inclined, Science & History buffs. General weirdos.

Totally normal open minded people. 

All welcome. 

Like all DGN events this is NOT particularly kid friendly*. 

Hope to see you there! Please invite any and all you think might be REMOTELY  interested!

House Spiral.png

Bring a good attitude! Please help Invite! If you want a card ask!  If you really want one ask here in this topic. 

*like DGN itself , this is not "kid friendly". You can bring them but No F-Bombs will be held back.  No sexual innuendos (or straight up sex talk) will be spared.  If you can't get a sitter and your kids are not SUPER well behaved leave them in a kennel at home with food & water. 

This is NOT the place to post about how you're going somewhere else , or doing something else or intentionally not coming or some other BS.  Thanks. 

That being said, Please help us get the word out!

Looking forward to seeing you!

If you would like one of our weekly "The Gathering" cards (Some Examples). Ask in person at The Red Apple <--- key step. 

*If you really want to make sure you get one. Just ask here (not in the FB page, that will be futile) and make sure you show up before me.   Some time after I walk in the door and whoever has asked for a card (here) has priority. **

Cards Fine Print

**If for some reason there are not enough cards to go around  (There are typically only 7)

1.  Ask at the gathering for a card (first come first serve, with the below exceptions)

2. If your name is not in this topic I'll hold off until someone  who does have their name IS in this topic asks for a card. 

3. Asking in this topic means you have priority over someone who has not, everyone that asks here (should) get one before someone who has not.

4. I'll hold one for Permanent Benefactors until its clear the aren't coming if they've asked here.  (If you are unsure what this is don't worry about it or have a look here)

5.  If you've asked here , just ask at the gathering and you should get a card with no problem. 

6.  The order in which you ask here is vaguely "sooner you ask the higher priority" but is very hard to keep track of.  If you wait until less than 24 hours before the event you risk not getting a card.

I make one for everyone that asks here. +2 extra typically but not always the extras vary.

No one owns (except Permanent Benefactors) a particular card. Hopefully if you slacked off or there is a screw up you can just trade for a particular card if you end up not getting it the one you wanted.'

Corporate summary:  Take the whole 2 minutes and ask. If it's not worth two minutes, you don't really want one.

Hopefully none of the above will be nessisary  as everyone that wants a card IS GOING TO SAY THEY WANT A CARD HERE RIGHT?  lol

Hopefully none of the above will be super necessary and there will never be any drama over the theoretically "for fun" cards.  (there never has been)   :)   But please request a card HERE if you want one. 

On 1/31/2017 at 5:37 AM, Trene4000 said:

Tron, the Monchichis, and I will be there. I am requesting a card please, thank you.

Tron requests a card as well, please. Thank you.

Yes, as she said...please and thank you. :biggrin:

On 1/29/2017 at 3:36 AM, Scary Guy said:

Not that I have much say in the matter, but since it's #47 you should do Hitman inspired cards, unless you have a better plan.

Still don't want one, but it will make me happy to know it exists.

I didn't see this until just now.... and just finished the cards. 

rps20170202_034151_920.jpg

Almost 4 am kept changing my mind (and how much energy I had).

As usual everyone  that asked above this line has priority over people who have not, only exception being benefactors. I've not really enforced that rule much as its only occasionally an issue.  Unfortunately the key people this will eventually effect are the ones least likely to read this.

Hope to see everyone. Hope you are doing well. :)

Braggin rights do them that can name all the characters.  There are 2 I'm guessing no one will get (in the same human).  

I just want to state that it is not my intent to embarrass anyone when I steal your food checks from time to time.  It is just that I know money can be tight and we only get the chance to meet up once a week.  I would much rather people come with the intent to hangout and not with the worry of whether or not they have enough to cover their bill or if they can even eat while they are there.  As I have been informed, it is possible that the time will come when I might no longer be able to do it, but until then, I don't mind...it also makes it kinda fun for me, in a way, to see how many I can get away with before I get caught.  :rofl:

Sorry I didn't make it.  Roommate didn't get home till after 9:30 and since last week everyone left by 10:30 it didn't seem worth the 20 min drive for maybe 30 mins of hanging out.  Depending on how I am feeling next week, will have the 2 y/o here for a week while her sister has the surgery, I will try to be there.

28 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

Sorry I didn't make it.  Roommate didn't get home till after 9:30 and since last week everyone left by 10:30 it didn't seem worth the 20 min drive for maybe 30 mins of hanging out.  Depending on how I am feeling next week, will have the 2 y/o here for a week while her sister has the surgery, I will try to be there.

We actually didn't leave until 11:30pm this time and we were actually the last to leave.  Last week we had to leave early due to Trene's episode.  I do hope we get to see you next week.

13 hours ago, TronRP said:

I just want to state that it is not my intent to embarrass anyone when I steal your food checks from time to time.  It is just that I know money can be tight and we only get the chance to meet up once a week.  I would much rather people come with the intent to hangout and not with the worry of whether or not they have enough to cover their bill or if they can even eat while they are there.  As I have been informed, it is possible that the time will come when I might no longer be able to do it, but until then, I don't mind...it also makes it kinda fun for me, in a way, to see how many I can get away with before I get caught.  :rofl:

You're good people.  Jenn is good people too.  Between the two of y'all I hardly ever pay for a meal.  That said I don't expect anyone to pay my way and I like to return the favor when I can.

That said, I can see it as a possible way to guilt people into donating to the site.  Once people do something one time they're much more likely to do the thing again as well.  Not that I'm saying this is the reason but it's just the shitty evil marketer in me.  I was once called the Joseph Goebbels of marketing for Mephisto's..  I'm still not sure how I feel about that (let's be honest, he was an asshole but he was good at his job.)

8 minutes ago, Trene4000 said:

So it wasn't just me. There was a solemness and agitation in the air. If anyone needs to talk, I'm here. large.yct06.gif.94c828fee8ac4320a317e3fd

I didn't pick up on that and it seemed like everyone had a good time.  The only thing odd was Troy wasn't there but other than that everything seemed normal enough to me.  I also didn't get to talk to everyone I'd like to either.