Dressing Up as a Girl to Frat Party (Full Version)

Published on Sep 12, 2016
Watch the main, short version of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHws-...
This video includes extra bits and pieces (including girls)!

The bias is just sad.  Girls get in "no questions asked" because guys figure they have a better chance of getting laid.

Looking at this, how horrifying for a transgender. Yes, it's a new reality that we think of them casually but a deep shame to consider they have always existed but no allowance made for them. Imagine everyday of your life hiding in plain sight from everyone. And obviously they would pee as necessary, where necessary and yet.. you'd think the thousands of rape and molestation charges would stop that.. oh? That doesn't happen? Oh.. :oops

It's sad and confusing. I'm as far as I can tell one of the 'good people' on this subject. I've met many people that after you talk to them for awhile that they aren't really particularly sure which gender they fully identify as. Must be a horrible thing to deal with just on the inside, much less the insensitve douchebags.

If we lived in a society were gender didn't particularly matter, at least on a social level it would be a lot easier. The whole bathroom confusion is a non issue in many counties were bathrooms we just unisex since forever to with. That is just the tip of the frustration iceberg though.

The problem is, it's not really about gender, it's about appearance (which is still wrong).

Most people are tribalistic in nature.  They will seek out people who are like them or make them feel comfortable.  Step one is be attractive and step two is don't not be attractive.  If someone is trans and passable (to the point where the interviewer can't even tell) then they're getting the job.

Likewise there are also rules about, no piercings, no tattoos, nice clothes (either from a t-shirt and jeans to a full on suit depending on if one is cleaning tables or a CEO).  The difference is you can't sue over these rules.

That said I imagine it's still super hard for trans people to find work.  This also depends on skill level too (where if you have enough skills it doesn't matter what you look like as they'll deal with you because you're the best option.)  But they still don't want you interacting with the public at all.  With trans people it's because people think "oh it's a guy in women's clothes and that makes me feel weird" and that not only will they get less sales but that people will go shop elsewhere in order to avoid seeing them.

We are super lucky to live in such a liberal area as this.  We at least have a few opportunities here, and things are only getting better/more accepting.  In some other more rural areas...  well good fucking luck.  Shit, in at least one state just being able to use the fucking bathroom is an issue (and another state is trying to pass similar legislation.)

To me, it all comes back to companies should hire those who are most qualified, period.  The best person for the job should do that job no matter who they are or what they look like.

Ok, I'm going to need a little more input regarding those of you who viewed these videos from the Transgender aspect.  A Transgender female is female.

The first video showed, that females (regardless of what type) would still be subject to what is considered "acceptable" behavior just because they left the house.  The male actor dressed as a female to bring World awareness to what is happening to women on the streets of Cairo, Egypt, which could only be done from a female perspective as men do not openly hit on men and would not be able to get away with following said male for 45 minutes making advances on him without consequences.  Unlike the plight of the Egyptian woman (regardless of how she is dressed).

The second video shows the bias of how just being female guarantees you privileges into male sponsored events.  However, with the Frat situation, the female is willingly putting herself at the mercy of whatever happens.  Therefore, girls generally go to these types of parties in groups, for protection, because any male they bring with them MUST be on the list else there is no entry for him and no extra protection for the girl and thus no competitor to the Frat brothers and their invited friends.

Sorry, I was speaking more generally as there are many other issues worth addressing as well.

Also, a transgender female is female but only to those who accept them as such.  To many others they're still just weird, or confused, or suffer from mental illness, or whatever other horribly incorrect thing they think.

If they're passable they get to use the bathroom without incident; If not, they get asked to leave, and if the cops are called they can also be fined and possibly arrested.

If they're passable, they get into the party; If not, they get harassed and threatened for being different.

Hell, there are two ways to get harassed.  Either someone sees them as a man in drag and harasses them over that; or worse, they don't and harass them because they think their attractive (if they figure it out after, people have been known to become violently upset over it which is why the trans community says that the first thing someone who is trans should do is tell them and never let them figure it out on their own!  In fact I have a story about this, but you can ask me in person at The Gathering.)

I wish people could be accepted for whom they want to be, but the reality is, is that it's going to be a long battle to get there.  Even if we do get there, a person's body doesn't care what gender their brain thinks it is.  Maybe eventually CISPER can fix that too though...

We're also a long way off from this though, but perhaps not as long as society growing to accept what is right.

Edited by Scary Guy

I think it must be a horrible feeling to not be sure which gender you identify with. I can't even imagine the pain they must suffer on a daily basis. I have always and always will, recognize a person as the gender they identify with and not judge them. The ones who go out in public as whatever gender they identify with are very brave in my opinion. I hope to see more people who may be hiding how they feel now to come out into the public eye. There is nothing wrong with a person who feels this way and they should never be discriminated against. If only the world were really this way.

I am not sure how I feel on this subject,society dictates one view from the "normal"standpoint,but normality itself in argueable subject. 

I myself have had acceptabity issues in the past,still dealing with the years of oppressing views from peers,family,and religious practices.

I recently was enlightened to the fact that my son has a relationship with a man,he thought I would disown him.

I do not understand the attraction,but  who am I to say it is wrong. 

As far as the restroom thing is concerned,a toilet is a toilet.

I would be a serious "nono" to your religious.. or probably anyone's religious ideals. Which puts you in the position of gambling your possible afterlife, or indeed "soul". While flattering, I have tremendous doubts that I would even be the tiniest of blips on the radar of a God. I'm a bit much, certainly, but easily forgettable.

OK, I am very confused about the points of views of how people have perceived the first two videos I posted.  These ARE NOT Transgenders, Transvestites or Drag Queens.  However, I am happy that people are concerned for the wellbeing of those who identify.

The experiment was how females are treated in public and private situations.  The men in the videos did the experiments to see FIRST HAND what WOMEN go through. 

MAYBE I BURIED THE LEAD, BUT...

I should have stated that the reason I posted these particular videos was because I have been a victim of the first scenario and accidentally put myself into a very precarious situation regarding the second scenario.  Without stating it was regarding me, I was curious of people's opinions on how they perceived certain socially acceptable behaviors when it came to females. 

I thought the videos were self-explanatory, but I see that is most definitely not the case.  I will give more reason to future postings.  My apologies for the misunderstandings.

gallery_4589_1202_958.gif

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Maybe they weren't full on transvestites or transgenders but for the duration of that experiment they certainly were.  They were both barely passable IMO, and maybe that was why since their heart wasn't really into it.

In my younger years with the long hair I've gotten cat-called from the back.  I'm more than happy to turn around and correct them on the matter though.  In his defense I'm pretty sure he was drunk.

I've had gay guys hit on me on a few occasions too.  Pretty much all of them took the news that I'm not gay pretty well, although a couple of them did look disappointed.  Point is, even men seem to treat other men better when trying to get into their pants (although some gay guys are indeed lecherous creeps but luckily I've never really had to deal with any.)

Anyway, that's the closest analog that I can personally identify with.

I like the idea of treating others the way you wish to be treated.  It works for pretty much all situations as far as I can tell.

• 1 month later...

OK...Social Experiment time again.  I am posting this because I have experienced this not only in America, but other countries I have visited.  Let me know your thoughts. :wink

Most Shocking Racism Social Experiments Compilation

Right click on the video title and select "open in new window" and it should work.

As far as the video goes, I didn't need to watch it to confirm people are still dicks.  Racism is still an issue but I see racism from every day people as a smaller issue compared to the police who profile everyone differently.  Even black cops treat black people differently because a lot of departments institutionalize and indoctrinate it into them.

It's come to the point that when it comes to humans I hate the word race, because we are all a part of the human race.  It's all tribalism is what it is.  "You're not like me so I'm going to treat you differently."  Makes me sad, and I doubt we're ever going to really get past racism, just like I doubt we'll ever get past religion and the whole "you believe something different so you're an amoral sinner who will burn for eternity."

Hell there's a guy I know who's black, who thinks gay people shouldn't get married and it's against god, when not even 75 years ago they'd say the same thing about white and black couples.  Cognitive dissonance I guess?

I don't know, this topic like many others depresses me.  I hear people talk about a coming race war though and I think those people are insane.  Yet, with what happened to Greenwood it's not that hard to imagine.  I think this is mostly why the government arrests and prosecutes black people, since felons can't own guns.

@Scary Guy

Although you mentioned that the current topic depresses you, I am very glad that you posted.  Your mention of Greenwood caused me to do some research which pulled up some well needed information regarding our current properties.

Due to the timing of our mother's illness, we missed several Town Meetings which involved information regarding the future of our "Living in Detroit" status.  Backlash from these decisions are still presently affecting us, but know I am a bit more knowledgeable of the situation and why certain efforts were abandoned.

So I sincerely thank you for your voice.

http://detroitdebtmoratorium.org/detroit-in-bankruptcy-the-next-greenwood/

Well I'm glad something useful came of my ranting.  First time for everything :D

Personally I agree with Morgan Freeman on this issue:

I think culture helps to divide us too.  Although without either I think humans would still try to find things that make "us" better than "them."  Because "they" are less intelligent, too old/young, disabled, worship the wrong deity(ies), like the wrong sports team/event, listen to the wrong music, eat pizza with the wrong toppings, voted for the wrong political candidate(s)/cause(s), have too much/not enough money, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

But the race issue, pretty much why I hate Trump.  Now that he's in charge, even if he's not overtly racist it seems like all the racists think they have some type of validation.  The amount of racial, antisemitic, and homophobic attacks have gone way up.  I'm hoping we survive until 2020 when we can finally vote him out and start healing.

On 3/2/2017 at 8:30 PM, kat said:

The video didn't play for me:(

I love these experiments.  I would actually like to set something similar up regarding disabilities. 

Your comment gave me the idea to post this next video.

I had been posting situations to which I have personal experience with, but I have seen numerous ones that would be relevant to the title of this thread to see what people think.

Here's a social experiment I saw a bit ago regarding a physical disability. 

The Real Blind Man Honesty Test (Social Experiment)

The end of the above video asks a very valid question:

Would you take advantage of a blind person given the opportunity?

In my opinion, Adrien did a good job of setting up various situations to garner the most honest of responses.  How would you fair?

Keep in mind - Sometime, given the circumstances, the best of people will do things they normally would or would not.

AMERICAN vs MUSLIM BAG EXPERIMENT

When our little sister first started wearing Hijab many years ago, our mother feared the worst for her.  But back then, the World was a lot different and most institutions were teaching equality of all things including politics and religion.

The end of this video is very inspirational...however, it only works when the people who need to see it actually see it...

What are your thoughts?

Best Categories for Child Oriented Social Experiments Ever!!!

OK, last one for today.  This involves "Stranger Danger".

Is your child or little human family member mentally prepared?  These little ones were put to the TEST!

Child Predator Abduction Experiment (Stranger Danger)

Edited by TronRP
Theses...really spell check, really... -_-

7 hours ago, TronRP said:

The end of the above video asks a very valid question:

Would you take advantage of a blind person given the opportunity?

In my opinion, Adrien did a good job of setting up various situations to garner the most honest of responses.  How would you fair?

Keep in mind - Sometime, given the circumstances, the best of people will do things they normally would or would not.

I'd go way out of my way to make sure there wasn't even an implication of me taking advantage of a disabled person.