This is basically directed at Troy but for everyone else to see.  I popped in today and happened to look at all-time post counts for shits and giggles.  The numbers seem really low.  I seem to remember Phee being close to 50,000, and that was 3-4 years ago.  I was over 20,000.  What's going on?  Did we all lose a bunch after a board software update?  

Hi Mr Beau.   Was just thinking about you like 5 hours ago.   A few posts you started are still posted in semi regularly so your name lives on almost daily (posts pop up showing the post creator, rather than who the actual most recent poster in a topic is, so the very popular topics , some of which were started during the DGN triassic period still have their original poster's account be pretty visible.  Storm Knight hasn't for instance, been a regular presence in ages, but he started the "What are you thinking" topic and I didn't see a need to re-start it so I see his name and profile picture every day almost. 

What happened was I fell off the beer truck and was MIA for like a year and then so did the whole board right around the same time facebook happened to the point were the total board post count for the WEEK across all posters was like 50 posts.  I came back but nowhere near the energy level I used to have so "rebuilding" has been minimal, its happening but slowly.  Honestly growing DGN is less a priority than just keeping it alive and having the people that are on it fairly close knit , keeps the drama to almost non-existent levels and is doable at my now worse than before general health level.

So the numbers have only risen slightly in like 5 years.  We used to have like 5 people posting like 50+ posts a day minimum, now if someone posts 50 posts in  a day that's like a record setting number.  There used to be probably around  40 "regulars" and another 80 "now and again" posters now there are maybe 10 regulars and 20 "now and again" types.   Even though that only seems like 75% less, in actual post count it's several hundred percent less as more posts breed more posts.   

Its easy to rack up posts the more posts there are which in turn makes it easier to rack up more posts... and the opposite is also true.   This week , I assume due to the holidays has been especially anemic post count wise. 

Nice to see you around.  Hope things are going ok for you?

You mean if people stick around and post then the post count will go up?  What a novel idea!

With Failbook, and the rest of the internet, and life getting in the way though I'm happy for what we have.  It would be nice if it were made a bit more private to where you had to login to view the board, but I'm fine with it as is.  At least the banned can see what they're missing and research their old posts.

Silly boys.  You're not picking up what I'm laying down.    

Look at the top all time post counts in the column on the right.  (See attached image)   Mine shows just 8,182 posts yet if you look in my profile or my avatar on the left of this post it shows 28,529.  Why the discrepancy?  The 28,529 number is correct.  It's pretty meaningless in the scheme of things.  Just curious.  

DGN OAL Post Count.png

On 12/29/2016 at 0:12 PM, Msterbeau said:

Silly boys.  You're not picking up what I'm laying down.    

Look at the top all time post counts in the column on the right.  (See attached image)   Mine shows just 8,182 posts yet if you look in my profile or my avatar on the left of this post it shows 28,529.  Why the discrepancy?  The 28,529 number is correct.  It's pretty meaningless in the scheme of things.  Just curious.  

DGN OAL Post Count.png

Hrmm. I never noticed. I tested the shit out of the day/month post count part for a specific reason and it always seemed correct (give or take like 5 minutes) 

I think the add-on that tracks that number must only use the post database and not the user account is my first thought. Years ago when we switched from the oldest version of the new style board to the new one I had to manually carry over all the post counts from the old version'. That 'fudging number' is stored in the user accounts. The actual post database + manual post change = what is shown on user accounts. (Even if true it's still a design flaw)

That is just a guess which will be shown to be in error as soon as I post this (on my phone it's not easy to multitask) If someone like Moe Falcon's all-time number is different than what her profile says as she is newish....

Not to browbeat anything, but what Masterbeau is referring to is how the old "Member List" used to show the post count:

This is from May 19, 2015, the last time DGN still hosted this page.

large.5868af1c04ae3_DGNForumMembersList010117-1.png

I must confess, trying to out post the top posters is what inspired me to post the way I do on the forum.  I reached over 11,000 posts in less than 3 years. 

:evil:

On 1/1/2017 at 2:38 AM, TronRP said:

Not to browbeat anything, but what Masterbeau is referring to is how the old "Member List" used to show the post count:

This is from May 19, 2015, the last time DGN still hosted this page.

large.5868af1c04ae3_DGNForumMembersList010117-1.png

I must confess, trying to out post the top posters is what inspired me to post the way I do on the forum.  I reached over 11,000 posts in less than 3 years. 

:evil:

Overachiever. 😎