Random Acts of Kindness Bonus Discussion

sekhmet2002

On 12/4/2016 at 2:25 AM, michael840 said:

Here is my DGN wish list.    http://a.co/gc7xQO5

I do have other wishlists on amazon but they are more of reminders for myself and family members who are wondering what all I have been looking at.  

I do too, Michael. This link is hopefully for the correct list. It seems to be working.

On 12/4/2016 at 2:25 AM, michael840 said:

Here is my DGN wish list.    http://a.co/gc7xQO5

I do have other wishlists on amazon but they are more of reminders for myself and family members who are wondering what all I have been looking at.  

What I try to do is just keep my 'main' or highest priority (however you want to define priority) updated and other sort of "thinking about, remind myself" type lists sometimes get their items added to the main sort of "priority" list.  Which might not mean like... priority in terms of "well I need ass wipe , running low" just  maybe "this is something that would cheer me up" or  a mix of both.  The other lists are sort of  checklists (also people just tend not to want to buy like... oil.   As a present which I (try) to factor in too.   There is an art to it. But I use "window shopping" on amazon and other places as a coping mechanism for depression and stress fairly often so I've spent a lot more time than any human should about how to organize lists of items.  heh

3 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

Well you tried.  Heh.  I have all these needs to but I couldn't really put them on an amazon wishlist....  except the mackie mixer.  I'd make the list for you if I could.   But more simple things like something you need  for the house that costs say 20 bucks , which would take pressure off of the money you need for bills is how I think about "money for bills".  Like the food item I have on my list if someone gave me food (and some have thank you!) its just that much left over for bills.  It could just be say new silverware or a big ass (pun incoming) load of butt wipe.  

although my list does include some things that would cheer me up that isn't itself a traditional "need" but is a need emotionally or both (items that cover both are the best) and give me a reason to get up (again just as an example).  

That's how my list is.  Items that help me emotionally by making me happy.  Hard to list clothing items since you can't preselect the size.  Since I live with friends, don't really need household items. 

8 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

Well you tried.  Heh.  I have all these needs to but I couldn't really put them on an amazon wishlist....  except the mackie mixer.  I'd make the list for you if I could.   But more simple things like something you need  for the house that costs say 20 bucks , which would take pressure off of the money you need for bills is how I think about "money for bills".  Like the food item I have on my list if someone gave me food (and some have thank you!) its just that much left over for bills.  It could just be say new silverware or a big ass (pun incoming) load of butt wipe.  

although my list does include some things that would cheer me up that isn't itself a traditional "need" but is a need emotionally or both (items that cover both are the best) and give me a reason to get up (again just as an example).  

Thank you for understanding.

9 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

Now I understand your way of thinking.  When I came up with the idea behind the concept, it was to have people provide others with a way to help them moneywise so they could have a little extra cash on hand to pay bills or buy things they normally would not be able to due to shortage of funds.  You see it as lightening the load to take the stress off of funds one currently has.  I really had not thought of it in that manner before.

Seeing it from your perspective really makes it difficult for me to make a list given that things I generally tend to "need" are of the immediate nature and I do not usually "want" for much.  I am an impulse buyer so, when shopping, I tend to pick up necessities and the occasional, "Ooh I like that" items at the same time.

gallery_4589_1202_958.gif

On 12/6/2016 at 8:40 AM, TronRP said:

Now I understand your way of thinking.  When I came up with the idea behind the concept, it was to have people provide others with a way to help them moneywise so they could have a little extra cash on hand to pay bills or buy things they normally would not be able to due to shortage of funds.  You see it as lightening the load to take the stress off of funds one currently has.  I really had not thought of it in that manner before.

Seeing it from your perspective really makes it difficult for me to make a list given that things I generally tend to "need" are of the immediate nature and I do not usually "want" for much.  I am an impulse buyer so, when shopping, I tend to pick up necessities and the occasional, "Ooh I like that" items at the same time.

gallery_4589_1202_958.gif

I mentally glossed over that first paragraph I think on accident.  Your first idea I think is just as valid, I somehow thought you really did mean it more like how I described it.  I mean shit, yeah if I had 110 bucks to pay of this stupid credit card instead of paying the pathetic minimum for another year that would help a lot, just seems kind of awkward asking personally for money.  Maybe I should put something about "add your paypal address so people could send you a couple of bucks if they wanted to".   Plus, there is the emotional aspect, for some people just getting a nice present in the mail even if it only cost like 6 bucks or something , is just a psychological boost, so could just blend the (three?) ideas.