Seeking New Friendships Is Like Dating

It seems to me that seeking out new friendship is kind of like dating.  I meet someone and maybe we will meet somewhere for lunch or something. I always hope that they like me well enough to hang out with me again and form into a friendship. But most of the time it seems to be a one time thing and they show no more interest. So I thought, this is almost like dating. You ask someone out. You go out. Then if you like them you want to have another date with them and you hope it forms into something more. Seems that way to me anyway. 

Edited by LadyKay

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Yeah I am stuck in Ohio for the time being. :sad:

If you're around the Toledo or Bowling Green areas there are some nice communities in each.  Bobbie lives in Toledo too.  If you can make it to her house maybe you guys could carpool to Troy's and then the gathering.

As far as relationships go, it works for pretty much all of them.  Personally I don't remember the last time I was on an officially defined "date".  It's more just friends hanging out and usually develops (or not) from there.  I suppose it fits into the triangular theory of love.  Friendships are basically just sexless relationships.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_theory_of_love

Anyway, things either work out or they don't.  If they don't it isn't the end of the world, just slightly disappointing.  I've also been on both sides of that and I much prefer being the rejected one; as I don't want anyone else to feel that way.

On 12/8/2016 at 1:21 PM, LadyKay said:

Yeah I am stuck in Ohio for the time being. :sad:

Were in Ohio? Bobbi (Sekhmet) lives in toledo and is at every gathering.  

DGN was created in part to help make the process of making friends easier, at first it was at city club, now its (mostly) at the gathering , plus if people know you from this website they tend to also be biased toward liking you.  Then if I do my thing were i Introduce you to everyone within 50 feet, that helps too.  Some people just "take to you" without you having to say much of anything, others don't.  Its a bit of a  numbers game (sort of like dating) except the numbers are much higher in this context. 

• 2 weeks later...