The Clockwork Pirate Jewelry GoFundMe

On 12/5/2016 at 1:38 PM, michael840 said:

15241903_10210969167247307_3072550951834

Here is the ring I have been working on.  Thinking of adding cogs around the band.

Don't forget to let us know how that turns out....loved those little gears and pieces you showed us at The Gathering. :biggrin:

I actually had to use epoxy to hold the stones a bit better.  I like to put my jewelry through a pretty rigorous wear ability test and I found that the stones weren't secure enough with the limited skills I have at the moment.  I used a needle to apply epoxy to the inside of the setting and re beveled  my setting the best I could.  It seems to be holding better now but I still feel that I need to practice a bit more.  I will make sure to bring it to the next gathering I attend so I can get your opinion once you see it in person.  I feel that pictures seem to make it difficult to see any flaws in jewelry which is sad because some of my pieces are ment to have what I call a rustic finish while others are more defined.

Edited by Michael8402
used to wrong word

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

What metal do you use for the part of the earrings that go through the ear?  Have a friend who would like steampunk earrings but is allergic to nickel.

I actually buy them so I can get different metals depending on what your friend would need.  Most of what I have right now are either steel or an alloy that probably wouldn't be the best for allergies.  I will see if I can get some stainless steal hooks though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...