The Gathering 39 - Help Invite

The Gathering 39 at The Red Apple Restaurant & Inn  

32711 Michigan Ave, Wayne, MI 48184 <--- Directions via Google

7:30 Thursday, December 8th

Really Big Sign Hard to miss.  

A casual dinner time gathering in a "Denny's like" environment. 

Club Attire Encouraged but not Required

GLBT, Fashion Models, Cosplayers  Goths, DGNers, Ex DGNers Re-Goths, Goths for a day, Horror Movie and Sci Fi (especially SW, ST, BSG and GoT ofc fans.) MTG players. Ingressers.

The spiritually inclined, Science & History buffs. General weirdos.

Totally normal open minded people. 

All welcome. 

Like all DGN events this is NOT particularly kid friendly*. 

Hope to see you there! Please invite any and all you think might be REMOTELY  interested!

House Spiral.png

Bring a good attitude! Please help Invite! If you want a card ask!  If you really want one ask here in this topic. 

*like DGN itself , this is not "kid friendly". You can bring them but No F-Bombs will be held back.  No sexual innuendos (or straight up sex talk) will be spared.  If you can't get a sitter and your kids are not SUPER well behaved leave them in a kennel at home with food & water. 

This is NOT the place to post about how you're going somewhere else , or doing something else or intentionally not coming or some other BS.  Thanks. 

That being said, Please help us get the word out!

Looking forward to seeing you!

If you would like one of our weekly "The Gathering" cards (Some Examples). Ask in person at The Red Apple <--- key step. 

*If you really want to make sure you get one. Just ask here (not in the FB page, that will be futile) and make sure you show up before me.   Some time after I walk in the door and whoever has asked for a card (here) has priority. **

Cards Fine Print

**If for some reason there are not enough cards to go around  (There are typically only 7)

1.  Ask at the gathering for a card (first come first serve, with the below exceptions)

2. If your name is not in this topic I'll hold off until someone  who does have their name IS in this topic asks for a card. 

3. Asking in this topic means you have priority over someone who has not, everyone that asks here will get one before someone who has not.

4. I'll hold one for Permanent Benefactors until its clear the aren't coming if they've asked here.  (If you are unsure what this is don't worry about it or have a look here)

5.  If you've asked here , just ask at the gathering and you should get a card with no problem. 

6.  The order in which you ask here is not necessarily first come first serve unless there is somehow a "tie" asking at the gathering, then the order you ask here would break that tie. 

Hopefully none of the above will be super necessary and there will never be any drama over the theoretically "for fun" cards.  (there never has been)   :)   But please request a card HERE if you want one. 

1 hour ago, Moe Falcon said:

Well then I'm glad I saw your face, most scary.. Never played at my house? I will attend as long as John can bear me.. And may I please have a card if I make it? :)

I will visit you anywhere that Santa hasn't ejaculated his christmas spirit all over. :)

16 hours ago, Moe Falcon said:

Pagan and proud. Santa isn't owned by Christians, and their tradition robbed many of ours. No one yanked down our evergreen fake.. (many pines flourish in Bethlehem?) Frankenmuth, Christmas land, honours their Germanic roots. Think Odin? but I loathe carols. Not in my house!!

They robbed them, but they also never gave them back and possession is 9/10 of the law.

Lisa said she might want to go though so you guys can hang out.  Also I'll probably hit Logan's as well.  May skip MOWFO too because I'm betting Ram's Horn will do the same thing.  Fuck WNIC and all stations that play the "Christmas loop" on endless repeat.  When I worked retail at my friends store and the station went back to whatever pop shit station that shoves the same song in your face 5 times a day I was actually thankful that that hell was at least better than x-mas hell.

She called, wanted to know if I was going to Small's but I told her bad MS week.. can't do it. Not blowing her off. can barely move and covered in bruises from multiple falls.

Pagans tend to things -not- about virgins, mangers, or holy nights... Lots of Celty druidy stuff.. about longest nights or returning of the light.. all that observable sciency stuff {Prob never heard a one}. Pagans once attributed it to various gods (little g) but we've grown up a bit and celebrate out of tradition.. and because it's fun. The majority of us fully accept science and have slid our focus to conservation efforts until you sciency types find us a new planet to move to.

Edited by Moe Falcon

On 12/3/2016 at 1:13 PM, Moe Falcon said:

She called, wanted to know if I was going to Small's but I told her bad MS week.. can't do it. Not blowing her off. can barely move and covered in bruises from multiple falls.

Pagans tend to things -not- about virgins, mangers, or holy nights... Lots of Celty druidy stuff.. about longest nights or returning of the light.. all that observable sciency stuff {Prob never heard a one}. Pagans once attributed it to various gods (little g) but we've grown up a bit and celebrate out of tradition.. and because it's fun. The majority of us fully accept science and have slid our focus to conservation efforts until you sciency types find us a new planet to move to.

Occupy%2BMars.jpg

On 12/3/2016 at 11:17 PM, Marblez said:

I see no barriers to my attendance. If such barriers appear I shall quickly dispatch them with a boot to the head. And I want a card.

Dang it.  this is the night that we shall be dining and dancing At Greektown with Dave's work. I shall think fondly of you all while enjoying my filet mignon.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, Marblez said:

Dang it.  this is the night that we shall be dining and dancing At Greektown with Dave's work. I shall think fondly of you all while enjoying my filet mignon.

And I shall be enjoying New York strip steak before going to the gathering.  Ha ha ha, I can do both.  Have steak and hang out.  Enjoy your night.

3 hours ago, Austintacious said:

Did so want to come but drove out of the Z Garage and started sliding around; too far from downtown on slick roads for me.

What's the clubnight situation in town?

Sorry we missed you. Sadly the club situation is pretty convoluted in the last few years. The stalwart for decades is now a Once a month thing. Smalls bar seems to be the closest thing to a successor to CC. There is still Monday night in Ann Arbor (The Necto) I'd respond  in more detail but I'm a little over medicated.