The Simpsons 600 Thanksgiving

10 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

15156790_1803862153228972_2959311569584640427_o.jpg

damn 600 episodes. I remember watching it when It was a short animation on The Tracey Ullman Show at that time it was very "cutting edge" so

many shows have borrowed from it since , that and Ren & Stimpy. Damn, no no im not old god damnit!! lol

Yep, Sunday nights, Tracey Ullman Show. I feel ya.

I remember when The Simpsons hit it's 10th year anniversary. The networks were surprised it was still going strong (since they originally said adults don't watch cartoons so it won't last too long...HA in your face Network Ratings Guys!)

I started boycotting it years ago when I found out that Nancy Cartwright (voice of Bart) is a Scientologist.  Which means a good chunk of change she makes goes to funding their crazy organization.

Still, you have to respect it as the longest running TV show.  The wrting was awesome too, although a lot of people say it went downhill after s12.  I wouldn't know though since I don't watch it enough to comment.

Not to mention the long standing joke of "Simpsons did it first."  Which they did do a lot, but obviously not everything.

I wish I could be ignorant and just enjoy things, but now every time I hear that shrill voice I just think of this: