As we all know, today was the supermoon.  However it is not an ordinary supermoon, it also is the closest the moon has been to Earth in 70 years..  While watching the morning news, I found out we will have another supermoon next month.  And it's difference in distance will be only 1000 miles further away than it was today.  Instead of calling it a supermoon, maybe it should be called a megamoon.  Just thinking, anyway the December full moon, on the 13th at 7:06pm will also in essence be another megamoon.  I plan on going to the local park to take photos although if possible I may try to get to Sterling State Park so that I can catch it rising over the water.  So if anyone wants to deal with the cold and go with me, let me know close to the 13th and maybe we can get a group to go.

37 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

As we all know, today was the supermoon.  However it is not an ordinary supermoon, it also is the closest the moon has been to Earth in 70 years..  While watching the morning news, I found out we will have another supermoon next month.  And it's difference in distance will be only 1000 miles further away than it was today.  Instead of calling it a supermoon, maybe it should be called a megamoon.  Just thinking, anyway the December full moon, on the 13th at 7:06pm will also in essence be another megamoon.  I plan on going to the local park to take photos although if possible I may try to get to Sterling State Park so that I can catch it rising over the water.  So if anyone wants to deal with the cold and go with me, let me know close to the 13th and maybe we can get a group to go.

I think that sounds like a good idea.