House Spiral "Sigil" / Flag

Troy Spiral

Untitled.png

WTF IS House Spiral.  Well its "my real family" That'd be people like (My mom, Bobbi, Marblez, David , Moe, Kat, Marco, Don Crumb, Rosey Blue, Paul Ferguson, Shaun Radford, Tron, Trene... until just recently grandma / sniffles... by no means a complete list) plus things that are associated with ... I don't have kids but "my babies" (DGN / YouTube / The Gathering).   Plus the Motto of Truth and Kindness (could write a book on both concepts and how they interact / contradict sometimes)  Word is your bond and all that.  Are you part of house spiral? Well if you think you are, then you are.  The real thing Im wondering about is....

Swirly thing with the bat guy in the middle (DeeGee)? That was supposed to be the "House Spiral Sigil/Flag" But Tron / Trene told me that spiral pattern might give some people seizures.   Is it just the spiral itself that does that?   I thought I finally had the  HS sigil done.  Does that mean I'm just going to have to accept that some people can't look at a spiral?  

• 2 weeks later...

moving spirals are more likely to cause issues. 

For online, the colors and shape of the lines you have are fine. if you were to have an actual physical flag made, it might cause issues if it were to flap in the wind, in its current spiral form. you could tone down the stark contrast, and straighten the spiral slightly. enough that it wouldn't mimic a spinning spiral, if it were to move in the wind, but keep its shape enough that people get the idea.

Just my opinion *shrugs*

On 11/16/2016 at 0:40 PM, GothicRavenGoddess said:

moving spirals are more likely to cause issues. 

For online, the colors and shape of the lines you have are fine. if you were to have an actual physical flag made, it might cause issues if it were to flap in the wind, in its current spiral form. you could tone down the stark contrast, and straighten the spiral slightly. enough that it wouldn't mimic a spinning spiral, if it were to move in the wind, but keep its shape enough that people get the idea.

Just my opinion *shrugs*

good ideas.   Although cop lights apparently give some people seizures and they still use them...  this has to be more important than cop lights lol. 

On 11/30/2016 at 5:19 AM, GothicRavenGoddess said:

If we weren't struggling to eat and pay our bills, I would also like a hoodie with this on it. or maybe a large patch to put on a hoodie. either way... 

Well there is DGN money, not a ton but some.  It was going to go toward pre-paying (with the idea that we would get people to send the money for the tickets to us , and we would have a block of seats all together)for a Star Wars outing but tina was handling it and I think she got sick/busy or something as the idea was to go on opening day and I've heard nothing back.  So thats 90 bucks there.   Not sure if there would be or how much a "minimum purchase" would be to get merchandise like that made.

I actually was thinking about maybe a little figurine of DeeGee (the guy in the middle of the flag) also maybe some sort of enamel pin pin?  Necklace charm?  Just throwing out ideas. .   Lot of different things we could do, and if we hit on something that most people want (realistically we probably could only do 1 thing) we could probably get people to donate specifically to get whatever it is merch wise off the ground. 

Somehow cost wise a quality decal or something seems more realistic, but I'm open to everything.  Wish I was still working. 

On 11/5/2016 at 10:55 PM, Troy Spiral said:

Untitled.png

WTF IS House Spiral.  Well its "my real family" That'd be people like (My mom, Bobbi, Marblez, David , Moe, Kat, Marco, Don Crumb, Rosey Blue, Paul Ferguson, Shaun Radford, Tron, Trene... until just recently grandma / sniffles... by no means a complete list) plus things that are associated with ... I don't have kids but "my babies" (DGN / YouTube / The Gathering).   Plus the Motto of Truth and Kindness (could write a book on both concepts and how they interact / contradict sometimes)  Word is your bond and all that.  Are you part of house spiral? Well if you think you are, then you are.  The real thing Im wondering about is....

Swirly thing with the bat guy in the middle (DeeGee)? That was supposed to be the "House Spiral Sigil/Flag" But Tron / Trene told me that spiral pattern might give some people seizures.   Is it just the spiral itself that does that?   I thought I finally had the  HS sigil done.  Does that mean I'm just going to have to accept that some people can't look at a spiral?  

*feels included* <squish..>

1 hour ago, Moe Falcon said:

I'd buy a T shirt or a good pin for my leather? but 'white'?! Can't we do white on black? I can't wear white..

White is the primary color that is used on black leather (if anything other than silver hardware) for us weirdos.   "Fuck This" say... scrawled on the back of a leather jacket ... best color would be white.    If this was put on anything primarily black it would stand out the way we would want it to.  If you mean like say a white T shirt with this on it, no I wouldn't even have that as an option, it would be a black shirt.   If it was jewlery it would be silver and black , although in that case it would likely be just our bat guy with a silver outline.   Still all just ideas.  (If your worrying about that white border , thats just there ... becasue it was easiest to make it that way at the time, would re-make the whole thing when it came time to actually get a product made. :)

Teespring! I think that's what it's called. they print the design, people buy it. But I think there is a minimum requirement? look into it. they have many options. hoddie, shirts, tanks, etc. And sizes up to 5x, I believe.... but.... they run from like $25 and up. 

It might be a start. 

Honestly, diy- ing a screenprinter and some ink/paint, and whatever you wanna print on... might be way cheaper. tie- dye companies sell clothing in bulk. 

I wonder if it would be possible to find someone who does 3d printing for the bat in the center? 

I'm not as helpful as I am trying to be... I'm having an insomnia flair and I've been up a while...

22 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

White is the primary color that is used on black leather (if anything other than silver hardware) for us weirdos.   "Fuck This" say... scrawled on the back of a leather jacket ... best color would be white.    If this was put on anything primarily black it would stand out the way we would want it to.  If you mean like say a white T shirt with this on it, no I wouldn't even have that as an option, it would be a black shirt.   If it was jewlery it would be silver and black , although in that case it would likely be just our bat guy with a silver outline.   Still all just ideas.  (If your worrying about that white border , thats just there ... becasue it was easiest to make it that way at the time, would re-make the whole thing when it came time to actually get a product made. :)

So the design is white, but on a black shirt? I'm in!