Went and bought some groceries on the way back from the hospital. I was really careful (shoulda made a video) crazy how fast 'just getting a few things" turns into 45 dollars flying away and I dont even think I got much. Especially not once mom gets home. But it was a huge relief not to have to get.... nothing. Thank you so much for starting this tina.

Bill (a guy that was on DGN before it was even on DGN) apparently still lurkss on DGN occasionally. Hi Bill! 

He asked me if I had anything specific I wanted (appparently he is aware of meal train and how their fees work from something they did for his aunt) and asked if there was anthing he could get me directly (he lives way the hell up in Escanoba(sp?)

I just sent him a link to my wish list:

House Spirals Wishlist Link: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/U6SSG4LCVRF7

you all have yours updated right?

So indirectly this helped me even beyond the mealtrain itself. Im still stressed out to hell but much less than I otherwise might be. SO much stuff to do with mom gone and no way to make any money myself babysitting mom most of the time... Although i might be able to sell some mtg cards tommrow which will help. My mental health is going south but this gives me hope.

22 minutes ago, Troy Spiral said:

Not so long ago I would have refused all of this out of....Pride? Its very much apreciated but the the back of my mind I keep hearing 'you suck' or something. But its irrational i guess.

FYI, Pride can kill a man. There is nothing wrong with receiving aid when needed. We all, as human beings, want to feel useful, but there comes a time when we all will need help in one form or another. You have A LOT of people out here who care about your well being...so most nothing you do will be just you. :happy:

Also, THANK YOU... Love the Anime Collage...Totally Cool!!! 

By the way, Revy from Black Lagoon is one of my favorite characters. In another life, I would want to be her!

large.581a971a03bb5_BlackLagoon-Revy110216.jpg

:biggrin:

I've not been able to work since my mid-20's (42 now).. life took it's toll on me. So I have learned life is too short to worry more than you have to. Love as hard as you can for as long as you can because tomorrow isn't promised and today is only today. If you get a tomorrow, it can be it's own problem.

On 11/2/2016 at 9:25 PM, Troy Spiral said:

Not so long ago I would have refused all of this out of....Pride? Its very much apreciated but the the back of my mind I keep hearing 'you suck' or something. But its irrational i guess.

You so don't suck. You're a very strong man who is going through a lot right now. We all love you and want to see you make it through this. If there is something we can do then just be thankful and let us help you if / when we can. *kiss*

For the record:

The concept of meal train is basically a sign up sheet to bring food to someones home.  Meal train does not charge fees unless you use their premium features.

There is an add-on that allows people to donate money if (for example) the live far away and cannot bring a meal. This add-on charges a fee just like any card processing service. Except paypal friends and family which is awesome but cannot be embedded into mealtrain. 

15 hours ago, Marblez said:

For the record:

The concept of meal train is basically a sign up sheet to bring food to someones home.  Meal train does not charge fees unless you use their premium features.

There is an add-on that allows people to donate money if (for example) the live far away and cannot bring a meal. This add-on charges a fee just like any card processing service. Except paypal friends and family which is awesome but cannot be embedded into mealtrain. 

Thanks again for going through the trouble of setting this up. Its facilitated me feeling a lot less alone. I told mom about it and that it was for her and I know she didnt totaly grasp it but she said (in broken english) 'that tina I need to thank her'. Was this ever on FB?  

Today sucked mom is not doing as well 'as they thought' and 'might have to stay longer than expected'. What that means im not sure as they said originally it might be a week to a month.

:ohmy::hope::no:cry

I came home trying to figure out how im going to get my AND moms bills paid when she has trouble talking and shes honest just scared which is upsetting. My mom is usually pretty solid emtionally. 

Just trying to keep it together and stay positive. This what feels like just a months long struggle to just keep breathing is ugh. But im still energizer bunnying.

But... i came home and holy shit i didnt know there was this large a size of frozen food. (And i like all this stuff)

Thank you AL and Tina and Dave!!!  (?) Not sure who all im thanking but thank you!rps20161105_215144_436.jpg

Was like a 5 foot tall jigsaw puzzle to get that all to fit. Good problem to have. Yay!

rps20161105_215209_802.jpg

On 11/5/2016 at 10:35 PM, Marblez said:

the pot pies are all in individual boxes usually so that might be easier to fit in the refrigerator if you take them out of their outside package.

You know I don't even know who AL is.  Help!

On 11/5/2016 at 10:34 PM, Marblez said:

That was Al all the way. Your schawarma has to wait until tomorrow. 

it was awesome TY! 

• 2 weeks later...