You Must Wear Clothes

I stop into the Family Dollar store today and there is a sign on the door telling people that they must wear clothes. I would think that people would know this but this is my hometown after all so I do understand the need for the sign. After laughing with one of the workers there about it she shared with me the dark side of it; saying that people are coming into the store and shooting up Heroin. And that she is finding needles in the store. Yep, this is where I live. People shooting up in Family Dollar and having to be told they must wear clothes. :blink:

0916160945a.jpg

I think it's basically a "no shirt / no shoes = no service" type thing.  Unfortunately some might think wearing ONLY a shirt and shoes is okay.

As usual the main problems are a lack of education and proper parental guidance.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for helicopter parenting.  Kids should be able to solve issues and figure some things out on their own.  However it's nice to have someone there to say "hey that might be a bad idea" or "maybe you shouldn't do that thing, don't do the thing."

Also, seriously fuck everyone's sense of self-entitlement and people who feel like the world owes them something.  World don't owe anyone jack.

On 9/22/2016 at 2:49 AM, sekhmet2002 said:

What a horrid idea of people shooting up in a Family Dollar store.

This town for as small as it is has a serious drug issue. Mostly heroin. It is the norm to hear about someone over dosing weekly. And not just young people like teens or 20 years old. People who are in their late 30s or early 40s. Also many of the near by towns have the same issue.  One town smaller then this one just 16 miles away, a meth lap was found. One night cops were called in from all over pulling over cars and arresting people for drugs in a big sweep they did.  So it does not surprise me that people are shooting up at Family Dollar. Also in 2013, there was a hostage situation at Family Dollar were a guy who had a history of mental issues went into the store with a gun, took the manager hostage, shot her in the head and killed her, then killed himself. There are good people in this town. Most are hard working who care about others. But there is also some kind of evil as well.

No evil, it isn't intentional.  Just people trying to survive, have a good time, and forget about their problems.  Unfortunately people enjoy tings too much, don't know how to moderate, or when to say "I've had enough."

The real problem is we punish people for using drugs, when it really should be a treatment issue.  Also the war on drugs just creates the black market for drugs.  People should be free to choose whatever they want to do with their bodies, even if we don't necessarily like those choices.  Shit how many here have done drugs in the past?

I'll say it isn't just a treatment issue but an education issue as well.  Currently it's done like abstinence only education, it just isn't going to work.  Kids are bored and horny and are going to get into shit.  You're LUCKY if all they ever try is weed, which is treated worse than alcohol when it should be the other way around.  We should be telling them if they're going to do anything do the safer drugs and make sure there are friends around in a safe environment.  Maybe if you can handle that and don't have a heart condition we'll let you try coke.  The super hard shit should be reserved for people who've given up on life or are in their 80's and close to death.

I completely agree with Doug Stanhope on this subject (NSFW language):

and