My 10 Year Old Daughter Is Grounded For Life!

Yesterday my daughter who is 10 came home of school and wanted to go out side. When I asked her where she wanted to go she said to the athletic field that is right behind our apartment complex. All the kids play there and there is a long track that you can walk or ride your bike around. It is gated and the gate is closed when it gets dark and there are cameras. So it is a safe place. This was 3:00pm so I set her alarm on her watch and told her to be back by 6:00. Well 6:00 came and she was not home. But I give her a few minuets because I know how kids are. So I waited till about 6:20 to go get her and tell her to come home. I walked over to the athletic field to find her. When I got there she was no where to be found! She was on her bike so I was looking for her bike but it too was no where to be found. So I started asking neighbors and no one had seen her! So off I went searching the neighborhood. She is no where to be seen! :ohmy:

I then went back to the apartment hoping she had come home but nope! After talking to some more neighbors I got into my jeep and drove around to look for her. I could not find her anywhere! It was now 7pm and she had not been seen by anyway since 3pm! I went back home and called the cops not knowing what else to do. It was like she just vanished! By this time the whole neighborhood is out looking for her!  My husband's uncle comes over and he picks me up in his truck to drive around to look for her. The cops come by at this point and ask me where it is they should look for her.( I don't know where they should look for her at. If I knew that I would go look myself!)  I tell them she was suppose to go the athletic field but she is not there! She is on her bike! So they drive off to go look around. I really don't know what to tell them ! She was not allowed to go anywhere else. But you know how kids are. So we drove around asking people on the street if they had seen her and no one has.  All of a sudden someone behind us in a car yells out! "I found here she is here! " We turn around and it is one of the neighbor ladies. She was driving around and found her about 4 blocks away on her bike! I called the cops back and told them we had found her. They were very happy that we did. Got her home, and she is telling me some story about how she wanted to go to her friend's house to see their kittens! :cat:   She now grounded forever! No way am I going to let her back outside after all of that! :shock:

Edited by LadyKay

Yep, all it takes is one time and they will be doing good to see the sun again. I have had that type of panic before and you never know what is going to come out of their mouths as to why they did what they did. 

I like how the cops asked you for a starting point.  Not "where was she last seen" or "where was she supposed to be" but "where should we look for her"....  Morons.

I'm sure they were glad to hear she was alright though.  I'm pretty positive that most of the time kids are found safe (statistically there are just too many) and not everyone is out to get your kid.  However there are those rare cases...

Not that I like such an invasion of privacy but there are ways to track them.  If someone has an android phone and you have their google login info you can use http://device.android.com to track them down (apple might have something similar, but I hate apple so I don't know).  They also have GPS watches and stuff too.