Well, this was fun.  This week's Board Dominator was Troy Spiral.  And sekhmet2002 came out of nowhere to snag the top 3ird place in the Ranks. :hrhr:

This BOARD DOMINATION WEEK kept me guessing all the way until the last day.  And now that we are on the precipice of the holiday season, it will be interesting to see who will be able to break away from the festivities to partake in the race for the Ranks in

BOARD DOMINATION WEEK XLVII!!!

And with that, I now return you to your regularly scheduled posting...

Have a Ball This Fall!!!

large.59bdfa47edf26_Kantoku_full.1938703080617Resized091717.jpg

38 minutes ago, Moe Falcon said:

Sorry, had to sell/buy a house😶Did you seriously just call Halloween the 'holiday' season?... why would you qualify as Goth?.. 🙄one of us...one of us.. one of us...

To be honest, this just confused the daylights out of me...

In my family we have always called the final 3 months of the year the "Holiday Season" because that's when mainstream begins the "Selling Season".  It starts with Halloween Party Supplies, then moves to Thanksgiving Food, Cooking Supplies,  Decor and Black Friday, then ends with Christmas/End of the Year Celebrations.

In my ignorance, I believed most people saw the same patterns, as that was how we grew up...usually making jokes about all the sudden end of the year hustle and bustle as if October, November and December were the only months that actually existed in the ENTIRE year.  So yes, since commercially Halloween is in the end of the year celebrations, I suppose I just called it a holiday.

So now I'm confused or either overthinking this, but, so, Goths don't celebrate Halloween because it is just a "given"? :blink:

7 minutes ago, TronRP said:

To be honest, this just confused the daylights out of me...

In my family we have always called the final 3 months of the year the "Holiday Season" because that's when mainstream begins the "Selling Season".  It starts with Halloween Party Supplies, then moves to Thanksgiving Food, Cooking Supplies,  Decor and Black Friday, then ends with Christmas/End of the Year Celebrations.

In my ignorance, I believed most people saw the same patterns, as that was how we grew up...usually making jokes about all the sudden end of the year hustle and bustle as if October, November and December were the only months that actually existed in the ENTIRE year.  So yes, since commercially Halloween is in the end of the year celebrations, I suppose I just called it a holiday.

So now I'm confused or either overthinking this, but, so, Goths don't celebrate Halloween because it is just a "given"? :blink:

Well yes, but mundane holiday usually means thanksgiving through new year. Lots of people are religiously against halloween or don't celebrate. Goths do Halloween 24 7 365..:nut

19 minutes ago, Moe Falcon said:

Well yes, but mundane holiday usually means thanksgiving through new year. Lots of people are religiously against halloween or don't celebrate. Goths do Halloween 24 7 365..:nut

That's interesting.  I know a lot more people religiously against celebrating Christmas and think Thanksgiving is an excuse for Americans to pack in more food, but some of these same people are not adverse to getting some free candy on Halloween. 

I don't know the lingo or the protocol for anything really.  As I have told people on a regular basis, I do not know what it means to be Goth or Gothic.  I have been told I am a Goth.  I have been told I am Steampunk.  I have been told I am eccentric.  I have been told I act spoiled because I must be an only child...:blink:  So when I sign off on BOARD DOMINATION WEEK, I do it in a mainstream manner because DGN is for everyone and I try to stay open to that, which is why I always begin the week  stating various observances from the current month's calendar http://www.wincalendar.com/.  It's just the way I have done this since 2012, but I welcome any need for correction or my part.  I can always readjust so as not to offend anyone.

So I do thank you for the input.  I am always open to learning. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings All and Welcome to the Month that brings you Halloween, National Cat Day, National Chocolate Day, a host of World Observances and...

BOARD DOMINATION WEEK XLVII

Daily rankings will be based on the top 3 Top Posters +, as listed in the sidebar, from 12am until 11:59pm with the actual Top 5 totals posting at the end of the week. 

Now, with that said...

READY, SET, POST!!!

large.59d197631ab9d_Elvira-elvira-16395496-349-500100117.jpg

Board Domination Week XLVII
Day 1 - Sunday's Top Ranks

1. TronRP - 25 posts
2. Trene4000 - 9 posts
3. Troy Spiral - 5 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. Moe Falcon - 4 posts
5. Soulrev - 4 posts

Day 2 - Monday's Top Ranks

1. TronRP - 30 posts
2. Trene4000 - 9 posts
3. Moe Falcon - 6 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. phee - 5 posts
5. Soulrev - 4 posts

Day 3 - Tuesday's Top Ranks

1. TronRP - 34 posts
2. Trene4000 - 16 posts
3. Draco1958 - 7 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. phee - 5 posts
5. Soulrev - 4 posts

Day 4 - Wednesday's Top Ranks

1. TronRP - 42 posts
2. Trene4000 - 16 posts
3. Draco1958 - 7 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. phee - 5 posts
5. Moe Falcon - 5 posts

Day 5 - Thursday's Top Ranks

1. TronRP - 45 posts
2. Trene4000 - 14 posts
3. Draco1958 - 6 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. Troy Spiral - 6 posts
5. Moe Falcon - 5 posts

Day 6 - Friday's Top Ranks

1. TronRP - 47 posts
2. Trene4000 - 15 posts
3. Troy Spiral - 6 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. Draco1958 - 6 posts
5. phee - 5 posts

Day 7 - Saturday's Top Ranks

1. TronRP - 55 posts
2. Trene4000 - 12 posts
3. phee - 6 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. Draco1958 - 6 posts
5. Troy Spiral - 5 posts

With all the activity that has been going on outside of the virtual world, I finally have a few minutes to wrap up this last BOARD DOMINATION WEEK.  @Soulrev stepped out of the shadows and snagged a spot in the Ranks for the first few days.  It was really good to see him posting and poking around the forums again. :biggrin:

A congratulatory shout out goes to the Falcon family on their house closing and new lair move in this month. :jamin

Now that we have officially stepped into the season for celebrating all things Gothic and Macabre, I wonder who will survive the hauntings to try for a chance at the Ranks in...

BOARD DOMINATION WEEK XLVIII!!!

Now, with that said, I once again return you to your regularly scheduled posting...

Trick or Treat...

large.59d1976978400_ElviraCommemorates35thAnniversarywithPhotobook100117.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings All and Welcome to the Month that brings you Election Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, a host of Other Observances and...

BOARD DOMINATION WEEK XLVIII

Daily rankings will be based on the top 3 Top Posters +, as listed in the sidebar, from 12am until 11:59pm with the actual Top 5 totals posting at the end of the week. 

Now, with that said...

READY, SET, POST!!!

large.59fea25d7d534_EnmaAibyhitsukuya110517.jpg

Board Domination Week XLVIII
Day 1 - Sunday's Top Ranks

1. TronRP - 41 posts
2. kat - 18 posts
3. Troy Spiral - 12 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. Draco1958 - 8 posts
5. Trene4000 - 6 posts

Board Domination Week XLVIII