Grandma & Grandpa 1945

Mary & Lowell Hiller

05-23-14_1249.jpg05-23-14_1248.jpg

Same year they got married.  Stayed married till grandpa died 49 years later.   Grandpa was 18  grandma was 17.     

Grandma grew up in detroit, you know... before it resembled the post apocalypse and women wore skirts and high heels and it wasn't considered "sexy" as such. 

Grandpa came from the U.P. with a super hard working eithic, never did him any good really but he raised 4 nice daughters right after the war (All my "great - uncles / grandfaters" are/were WWII vets)

They got married so young my grandpa used to say "I got married and grew up with my kids."

Really need to hunt down the originals and get a better scan. 

You have inspired me to continue my quest of finding out where I come from. 

I never knew when my grandpa was born or what day he died but I just found this and I am posting it so I don't lose the link. 

LOL, he was a gemini just like my mom.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VPVP-WWG

Edited by kat
Because Runyon not Hurst I guess. *frustrated* you guys are right don't go trying to do genealogy research.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 11:31 AM, kat said:

You have inspired me to continue my quest of finding out where I come from. 

I never knew when my grandpa was born or what day he died but I just found this and I am posting it so I don't lose the link. 

LOL, he was a gemini just like my mom.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VPVP-WWG

I can be really difficult.  Especially if no one else in your family has ever done it, you have to start from scratch and pull records that aren't always easy to get at, much of them aren't online and there are missspellings and all sorts of stuff.  Unless your from the south or descended from some super famous historical person  or something, keeping family history alive is a rarity over the generations in the US.

Most I get is BS from like "psychics" saying I'm descended from (or perhaps a reincarnated)  Ivar the Boneless  woot!  I'm a crippled viking reborn! =P

Although almost all my "born over there" is from northern europe (Irish, Sweedish, Dutch, Scotch, Norwegian, Finnish random Croatian and German in there)... so Q.E.D.  hah.