Nightlife events in the South East Michigan area.

Remember, if you don't go out and support your local goth/industrial/etc... club nights they'll die off. Then they'll turn into sports bars, and do we really need more of those?

So just to recap, here's a list of all the events that I know of in the S.E.MI. area that either have a Goth/Industrial focus or are friendly:

-----REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS-----

• Monday: Factory @ Necto in Ann Arbor
  • Tuesday: NOTHING!
  • Wednesday: We Don't Have to Dance at Small's in Hamtramck
  • Thursday: NOTHING!
  • Friday: NOTHING!
  • Saturday: NOTHING!
  • Sunday: NOTHING!

-----SEMI-REGULAR (BI)MONTHLY WHENEVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT EVENTS----
Friday - Saturday: Quite often City Club has a Goth/Industrial night on one/both nights from 9:00-3:30.  They used to be strictly Goth/Industrial but now do mostly Techno/Emo evens.  $5 if the front room is open, $10 if both rooms are open (may be more on non goth nights/special events.)  18+

Friday/Saturday/it floats around and pops up wherever the hell it wants 9:00-200:
Thirst Wave / Industrial is not Dead / She's Lost Control at Small's in Hamtramck.  TW is alternative 80's, while IinD is more...  well...  industrial.  $5-10ish 21+

-----MONTHLY EVENTS-----

The first Saturday:

Asylum @ Villains Beastro (Canada)

DJs @Raev, [51N], and Surge bring you the best in dark alternative music while surrounded by the cities most unique and interesting venue, with displays from local artists!  No cover, but tips are always welcome.
Music ranges from Goth, Industrial, Post-Punk, New Wave, shoegaze, EBM, any anything else that strikes the mood - ranging from classics to brand new releases!

19+. 9pm to 2am. No cover ever.  Walking distance to the Detroit Windsor tunnel

The third Saturday (and occasional other days for special concerts):

Something Cold @ The UFO Factory:  Minimalist European coldwave mixed with some old-school EBM and Industrial.

The last Saturday:
Happy Endings at Eastern Palace: Mostly New Wave / Alternative with a Goth / EBM track thrown in thrown here and there.  The Halloween event is very fun and generally more our style of music.  Food is a bit pricey but otherwise a great venue, especially if you like a tiki island theme.  Also completely free.

-----OTHER EVENTS TO CHECK OUT-----

@PlasticPassion_a2: (Not really a thing these days, but occasionally they will do a reunion.) It has been known to have nights with a dedicated EBM focus.

....and a few others exist as well. I don't have a lot of info because I don't go all the time, I'm not on Failbook, and no one tells me shit!

Further information can be found at:    https://www.gothclubs.org/index.php?title=Michigan
Outdated historical information can be found at: https://www.vamp.org/Gothic/clublist.html and https://websites.umich.edu/~mauraway/eventslist.html

If anyone knows of any other (semi)regular events (or sees any outdated/incorrect information) please post about it and I will update this list.  If we don't know then we don't go, and if we don't go...  they die.

Also if you want to see more goth related events you should consider starting up your own night somewhere too!

Edited by Scary Guy
Updated info and removed Facebook links because fuck Facebook, just get a real goddamn website.

Well that's exactly why I posted it!  They just started doing them at the begging of the year.  I just didn't include it in the main list because it's in Ohio and nowhere near Detroit.  I don't have the fun things in Lansing listed either.  If someone wants them listed up they can post but I don't really know because I don't go or hear often enough to keep that part updated.

11 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

For Sunday events, there is Prey Sunday at Bretz Bar in Toledo.  I'll find their facebook and post a link asap.

Yeah I didn't include Ohio in the recurring nights because it's pretty far and I was mostly focusing on the Detroit area, although I'm not opposed to others.  The Dark Room is a monthly event in Toledo too though.  I just mentioned it because I'm doing that one night.

Thanks for mentioning it though, maybe I can figure out a way to stay the weekend and hit both.  I mean if they get the attendance that REALM currently does then they need all the support they can get!

On 6/8/2017 at 5:51 PM, Simon Bar Sinister said:

last minute, 'cause I just found out, but there's a goth/industrial dance night at the Phoenix Cafe in hazel Park tonight. John R just south of 10 Mile.

Yep, every second and fourth Thursday of the month.  I do a lot there now so I was sure to add it.  Unfortunately it's not weekly so it's not in the weekly section.

I'll be DJ'ing at the next one too!

In any case, thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by Scary Guy

• TronRP pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 8/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, Scary Guy said:

Bump.  I'll add and update more on this later.  Someone stick it, or clone it and keep it updated.

thanks brother.  Really would appreciate having someone to keep this sort of thing updated.    I've tried to remove the "events" logo at the top since its never updated but cannot seem to figure out how to do it.  Literally spent like 8 hours trying to figure it out.  Put in a ticket to support....  sorry Troy... unsupported.  GAH. 

• 3 weeks later...

Goth nights at City are now dead due to lack of turnout.

The staff and some patrons are trying to get Joe to agree to monthly events and/or split events where the front is goth music and the back is dubstep or EDM or whatever shit music kids listen to nowadays.

Edited by Scary Guy
EDIT: Goth nights are not dead, they were just hoping to make them less dead by spreading F.U.D.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on City Club.  It was PACKED last weekend, mostly this was due to the back room being closed for renovations.  I got stuck working at the entryway guiding traffic a bit and keeping things clear.  Music was pretty good too, but that's no surprise usually on a night like that.  They did close an hour early, but they also opened an hour early since there was such a large crowd waiting.  I honestly haven't seen it that packed (for a goth night at least) in the last ten years, but again having the back closed didn't help any at all.

I guess Small's did something too.  Fuck Small's though.

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

Update on City Club.  It was PACKED last weekend, mostly this was due to the back room being closed for renovations.  I got stuck working at the entryway guiding traffic a bit and keeping things clear.  Music was pretty good too, but that's no surprise usually on a night like that.  They did close an hour early, but they also opened an hour early since there was such a large crowd waiting.  I honestly haven't seen it that packed (for a goth night at least) in the last ten years, but again having the back closed didn't help any at all.

I guess Small's did something too.  Fuck Small's though.

~~~~~

gallery_4589_1202_14174.jpg

City Club is OPEN?!?  Now I know I missed something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Scary Guy changed the title to Nightlife events in the South East Michigan area.